“Improvements Needed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 11 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
Anaheim, CA
“Improvements Needed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2006

I have stayed at this property three times now. It certainly needs a lot of work, but for some reason I still find it charming. The innkeeper Anita and her son Greg are very friendly and the breakfast always top notch. The property itself just needs a good overall cleaning. For example, during our last stay we noticed none of the mirrors had been cleaned. The beds are very comfortable and the decor antique. Overall I would recommend this property .

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2006

I have a degree in hotel management, managed a 14 room historic Inn on Marth'as Vineyard and also possess a food handlers license.

I was shocked to arrive in this B&B near Yosemite National Park. Already the way they garden looked, when we arrived showed me what was to come.

Rooms are not only totally rundown but downright filthy and dirty.
Same applies for living room and kitchen area.

We checked out after the first night, had originally planned to stay 2 nights.

I did contact the local health department after our stay.

The owners are planning to sell and this shows!

I hope I can help by avoiding the same experience for other fellow travelers.

We stayed at the Apple Tree in nearby in Fish Camp the 2nd night and it was lovely. Thanks for the lady from Oakhurst Tourism Office who was very understanding after I told her about our experience at the Pine Rose Inn. She knew the place and was very sorry.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness, breakfast (did not even if any I was so disgusted by the filth)
  • Tips/Secrets — do not stay here under any circumstances
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2005

If you love Antiques and the Shabby Chic country
look, this is a place to stay. Nestled in the Pines,
it is very rustic, old, and quaint. The room we stayed in was comfortable. If you are looking for upscale and
new, it is not the place for you.
The Inn Keeper, Anita, is a lovely lady. She told
us where to go and what to see in the short time
we had there. She is a good cook. The breakfast
was very nice. She had honey baked ham, eggs,
and her homemade apple pancakes, juice, cofee,
or tea. We had our dogs with us, and it is a
very dog/pet friendly place to stay.
We really enjoyed our visit.

Stayed November 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2005

I stayed at the Pine Rose Inn with my grandparents during our trek to Yosemite. We were there for five days and it was absolutely lovely. We stayed in the Blue Spruce townhouse. It was very quaint and comfortable. The place was filled with antiques and old world charm. It was very clean and we felt right at home. The owner couldn't have been more kind and gracious. She is an excellent cook and accommodated us in every way possible, and then some. We were so impressed with the whole package that we have been discussing making this trip a yearly tradition. If you want to stay somewhere that is comfortable, clean and beautifully rustic, the Pine Rose Inn is exactly that.

• Stayed September 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Pine Rose Inn B&B this past weekend and we had a wonderful time. If you like rustic settings and the outdoors, this is a great place to stay. Every room has it's own patio with table and chairs in which to sit and relax. Or, if you prefer, there is seating on the lawn where you can sit and enjoy the view and listen to the sounds of nature, which I did for quite a while. Very peaceful!!!!

Our room was very quaint and well stocked with clean towels and linens. We did have some modern conveniences such as a microwave and a TV in our room.

The Innkeeper, Anita, is a lovely lady. She is very nice and friendly and she makes wonderful apple pancakes.

I would recommend the Pine Rose Inn B&B to anyone who enjoys peace, quiet, relaxation and nature.

Stayed October 2005
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

Our family of 4 was very happy with the last-minute lodgings just outside Yosemite. Friendly, gracious hosts invited us to take a bottle of wine to our "studio" room, complete with huge jacuzzi + shower. Lovely antiques and cozy pillows. Kitchenette provided basic dishes, utensils, and even spices for the ambitious chef. Yummy breakfast included coffee (alas, no cream), juice, eggs and incredible banana nut pancakes! Absolutely charming!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2005

We stayed at the Pine Rose Inn during our visit to the Bass lake area. My jaw dropped when we saw the place! It was unkept and dirty. We checked into our room and it had a very musty smell. The jacuzzi was dirty and the towels were hard and smelled funny. We did not want to shower or use the tub. The lake was cleaner!! Breakfast was not great. Cinnamen rolls ok . We had kids with us and of course they would not eat the food. This place is not for kids. A great place for Hippies to hang out! We had booked for two nights and were switched to a different "suite" due to availability. When we arrived there were
ants everywhere in the bath and "kitchen" We went to tell her and she
was very abrupt ( She seemed nice when we checked in) We said we were going to leave because it was dirty and we did not want to sleep with ants!
We are out now $ 200 ! She did not give us a refund. We are not uptight or fussy but if we can save someone else some money and not go through what we did ,It was worth my time to write this. I feel bad for her because she is all by herself trying to run the place and she has no help. The place is definitly not up to code,exposed cords outside and other things too many to write. My kids thought it would be a great place for a Steven King novel !

Been to Pine Rose Inn? Share your experiences!