“Doorman at Tenaya Lodge” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo Safari Yosemite provides personal and private guide services for Yosemite Visitors. Pat Althizer is an approved National Park Service Guide. As a professional photographer and guide, he will take you into Yosemite Park to "the right places at the right times", in order to assist you in coming away with Post Card quality images of Yosemite Park.Small Group Tours are available along with Individual Photo Workshop Tours. Small Groups of up to 7 persons are available to both photographers and non-photographers that are interested in a Private Guided Tour of Yosemite instead of a Public Bus Tour.
Coarsegold
“Doorman at Tenaya Lodge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I worked as a doorman at Tenaya Lodge for 2 years , I would see Pat pick up quest and take them on a Photo Safari. When Pat would drop his quest off I would always question them about their experience with Pat and Photo Safari , they all gave him a 5 star rating and I can say that there was never a Negative comment made. Pat is always professional , warm and friendly . His knowledge of Yosemite and Photography is outstanding .

Visited September 2012

Brisbane, Australia
“The only way to see Yosemite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

What a wonderful day, and the only way to see Yosemite for first timers and even those who have seen it all before. Pat makes lifetime memories with ease. We can not thank Pat enough for the effort he went to ensure we had an outstanding day and experience in Yosemite. Pat is a professional and expert at this but still treats you and makes you feel like family.
The only thing to say is do it, you will not be disappointed and the memories will last a lifetime.

Visited December 2012
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“The Way To Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Our family of 4 (sons 17 and 19) were able to see the best of Yosemite all in one day, thanks to Pat. He picked us up at 7am at our hotel and we were able to start a hike in total silence before the rest of the tourists started! He knows how to time the attractions so that you do not feel like you are amongst a bunch of tourists. He also knows alternate trails to use to avoid any crowds. Pat is kind and wants to know what YOU want to do. He will cater the day the best that he can so that you are happy. He has a wonderful sense of humor and is so easy to talk to. You can tell that he really enjoys what he does. We would highly recommend Pat. You won't be sorry!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Really allowed us to see and enjoy the best of Yosemite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My daughter and I had limited time to see Yosemite, and signing on with Pat was one of the wisest use of our time and travel dollars. Pat is a very warm, kind and talented person; while he is a professional, his knowledge and enthusiasm for photography and love for history made this trip an enjoyable educational experience!

I appreciated the way Pat cared for us with water, lunch, snacks, and location of the best bathroom stops! We both appreciated that he knew how to avoid the August crowds, made sure we saw and were able to photograph some wonderful sights!

Los Angeles, California
“The Very Best Way to Experience Yosemite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you are considering using Pat Althizer to do a photo tour of Yosemite, my advise is to book him immediately - don't wait!!

I'm an experienced underwater photographer and adventure traveller and was recently planning an upcoming Yosemite trip.My son and I wanted to photograph Yosemite on a full day excursion, and rather than try to figure out how to be at a given location at a correct time, I realized that it was so much more efficient to use a guide. And what a guide Pat is!!

He picked us up in an impeccably clean SUV, drove us to the various ideal vantage points, provided us food, water, Yosemite facts, and truly made our trip perfect. Pat suggested camera settings, reviewed images, and gave tips for improvement. My images turned out great, and it's because of his help: he took us to the best spots at the best time of day.

The strongest statement I can make regarding Pat Althizer and Photo Safari Yosemite Tours is that I'm going back soon: in Autumn 2012, February 2013, and in Spring of 2013. I can't wait!

Cameron A.