“One of a kind experience.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Oakhurst
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Photo Safari Yosemite provides personal and private guide services for Yosemite Visitors. Pat Althizer is an approved National Park Service Guide. As a professional photographer and guide, he will take you into Yosemite Park to "the right places at the right times", in order to assist you in coming away with Post Card quality images of Yosemite Park.Small Group Tours are available along with Individual Photo Workshop Tours. Small Groups of up to 7 persons are available to both photographers and non-photographers that are interested in a Private Guided Tour of Yosemite instead of a Public Bus Tour.
Long Beach, California, United States
“One of a kind experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Pat is an excellent photo guide, and great company to boot! He really knows his stuff. He really cares about and loves what he does, and it rubs off. I was so impressed by his knowledge of the park...he has his photo spots down to times of the day, and he gives excellent advice about capturing the parks beauty. While we were there at the end of the day the clouds parted over Bridal Veil Falls and I got some magical shots. We even got to shoot it from 2 different spots! Yosemite is one of the most amazing places in the world, and Pat helped me make the most of my day there; I just wish I had time to stay another day! I will definitely consider going on safari with Pat again when I find time to visit Yosemite again. Highly recommended. You wont find a more knowledgeable and friendly guide anywhere else!

Visited April 2012

New York City, New York
“Photo Safari in Yosemite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

I spent almost 2 weeks on vacation in California and Nevada from Lake Tahoe to Yosemite, Sequoia and Kings Canyon NPs. One of the most memorable moments was my photo Safari in Yosemite with Pat Althizer. Great company, excellent advises, basically a lot of fun for everyone who loves photography. Highly recommended experience.

Visited June 2012
San Jose, California, United States
“Yosemite Done Right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

Pat is a consummate professional photographer, guide, and story teller. He made our trip to Yosemite not only enjoyable but took us to locations where we took stunning pictures, often times with Pat's advise on how to capture that perfect picture.

Photo Safari Yosemite is for both the novice and and the advanced photographer wishing to see and photograph Yosemite with the added bonus of Pat's personal touch.

Visited May 2012
Agoura Hills, California, United States
“Best way to photograph Yosemite National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

Pat does a wonderful job of combining photographic expertise with a grand tour of the Park. Will definitely do it again soon.

Visited March 2012
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“An outstanding guide, photographer, and host. Well worth the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I'm a professional photographer (www.FriedmanArchives.com), and nothing makes a good picture by being at the right place when the light is good. Pat knows Yosemite intimately and has saved me weeks of hunting and hours of research by just showing me all the picturesque shots at the best times of day. But he also is a helpful and non-intimidating photography tutor if you're not so familiar with your camera. Me and my wife found Pat to be friendly, prepared, extremely knowledgeable, and a wonderful host. I made the most of my trip (= got more great pictures) than I would have on my own, and the price he charges is a tremendous value for the knowledge he provides. Four thumbs up!

Visited February 2012