“Awesome Hotel and Stuff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SPECIAL SUMMER RATES!
Ranked #7 of 7 hotels in Oakhurst
San Francisco, California
“Awesome Hotel and Stuff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small Friendly hotel in a great location with extremely reasonable rates. The rooms are beautifully done, the attentive staff is outstanding and all our needs were met. the most amazing view from our room. have been recommending this place to all my friends heading to yosemite park.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

48 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newark, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hard to spot from the road, this motel is a series of bleak-looking sheds that conceal spacious, modern rooms. Thick windows insulate the rooms from noise of the pickup trucks on the road leading down from the southern route into Yosemite. Porches have a commanding view of the valley from which to watch the sunset on the hillsides. Oakdale has a selection of good restaurants. The resort town of Bass Lake (familiar to Hunter Thompson readers) and the Sugar Pine scenic railroad are a few miles north. A nice alternative to the chain motels in town, with a unique view.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We visited Yosemite national park and stayed at Yosemite Mountain Trail lodge. What an experience? we all had great stay with real nice views of the mountians. Room are recently renovated and the service was amazing. All different room types were avaialble to accomodate from 2to a group of 10-2- people. I would recommend this to each and every person. Our sincere thanks to the management for great experience as we don't take vacations often. So this was a great one!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed in one of their one-bedroom log cabins for several nights. The location is slightly outside town on a nice quiet side road. The cabin was reasonably well equipped and spacious. The decoration was a bit bland, especially bare in the bedroom. There is good shopping in Oakhurst and we enjoyed our relative independence greatly. Oakhurst is quite close to Yosemite south entrance (1/2 hour), and around 1.5 hours' drive from King's Canyon and Sequoia (pity we never got there due to snow).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were just freshly done and you can notice. Our room felt roomy and the beds were very comfortable. I want to come back and enjoy that pool and BBQ. Beautiful area and my family loved it. If you are traveling to Yosemite valley and want to stay in a place that feels like home this is it. Customer service that was provided by the lady at the desk was so polite. She helped us get our laundry done.

• Stayed April 2014
MOUNTAINTRAILLODGE, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trail Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at Mountain Trail Lodge in Oakhurst California. I am glad that enjoyed the ** NEWLY RENOVATED ROOMS ** and all the amenities such as pool and BBQ. I appreciate your visit and looking forward to have you back again.

Thanks.

Karen
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Friendly professional staff greeted me and I got my room. It was smaller than I expected, but I wasn't about to fuss as it was so close to town and local shops. Not far from other attractions either and plenty of parking for my truck and trailer! You can tell the property is a bit older, but it was kept clean and maintained well! Was able to Skype back to Oz via their WiFi as well. Very keen on checking out Yosemite!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
MOUNTAINTRAILLODGE, Front Office Manager at Mountain Trail Lodge, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear guest, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Mountain trail lodge in Oakhurst California. Our goal is not only to make our guest satisfied but to exceed their expectations. as you may have noticed that we are in a process of renovating the entire lodge. Our rooms are fully renovated and our furniture is arriving in next 4-5 days. I would really like you to visit us again and enjoy the fully renovated rooms. Once again thank you so much for business with Mountain Trail Lodge in Oakhurst Californis.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Arrived and was pleased to find pleasant staff to check me in. I was given my choice of rooms; I selected the smaller room as I was traveling alone.

Fast wifi allowed me to quickly upload some photos. Got up for a glass of water, but dumped it after the first taste of rusty metal. Still, it was a cheap hotel with older facilities so I blew it off and grabbed bottled water from the car. Didn't really need a shower anyway.

Fell asleep in front of the TV but woke up a few hours later with a familiar itch. Immediately jumped up, turned on the lights & found 2 bed bugs crawling on the sheets. Grabbed my phone and snapped a photo of each of them. Was unable to reach any staff members...this hotel is a bit out of town & I had no service to call the number.

I emailed the photo to the hotel with a note asking for a refund and left very early into the National Park. No response at the end of the day. Called back & the manager accused me of faking the photo. He would only say that the matter had been referred to his attorney. ?!?

I have no idea what that means, but please be warned that Room 1 is absolutely infected as of the night of 3/18/14. I will be informing the county health department as well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
MOUNTAINTRAILLODGE, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trail Lodge, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for any inconvenience to you. As you mentioned about having bed bug bites. the local county health department came to inspect and did not find such thing like bed bugs. The property may look out dated to you but we definitely dont have bed bugs. Also our entire lodge will be renovated in few days. We encourage you to please come and visit us again. our goal is to make every guest of Mountain trail lodge satisfied. Thanks.

Been to Mountain Trail Lodge? Share your experiences!