“Clean, cheap” 3 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Motel   |   42150 Highway 41, Oakhurst, CA 93644   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Oakhurst
“Clean, cheap”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

After reading the reviews, I knew this was just a clean place to lay our head, no fluff. That's just what it was. We arrived at 10:30pm. There was a sign on the door stating to knock on the door of the RV in close proximity. The manager didn't mind the late knock. I appreciated her positive countenance. Our room was clean, king bed was not too soft, not terribly hard, roomy, old decor. The shower had warm water. I chuckled at the basic towels with a blue stripe going down the length.

Very basic, very inexpensive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MOUNTAINTRAILLODGE, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trail Lodge, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay at Mountain Trail Lodge in Oakhurst. Our goal is to provide a clean and friendly customer service to all our valued guest. We RENOVATED ALL OUR ROOMS. Please come and visit us again. Thanks.

Karen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My wife and I rented a cabin up in Wawona. We decided to stay an extra couple of nights, so we went and looked for some place to stay in Oakhurst. We found the Mountain Trail Lodge and it was very inexpensive. They gave us the King Room for two nights at $108 (tax and fees included). It was outside of town, but still very close. That wasn't an issue at all.

One can hear all the trucks passing by, but after a bit, you begin to not even notice them anymore. The view was nice.

As far as the room itself, it was very clean. I can tell it had been recently remodeled. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but once inside, its all good. Very clean bathroom.

The lady at the office was very nice and was able to accomodate us with whatever we needed. My only gripe was the tv, sound on that thing is horrible. Oh yeah, and the wifi signal is a bit slow.

So if all you're looking for is a nice, clean place to stay and don't wanna pay that much, then I recommend the Mountain Trail Lodge. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Get room one. It'll be right next to your car when you park.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MOUNTAINTRAILLODGE, Guest Relations Manager at Mountain Trail Lodge, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at Mountain Trail lodge in Oakhurst California. We highly appreciate your business. Just to advise you that we just finishes renovating all our rooms and BRAND NEW FURNITURE IS ON THE WAY IN 3-4 DAYS. I encourage you to please come back and enjoy the fully renovated rooms.

Thanks.

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Arrived at reception to be told that there was a problem with our room so we would have to drive 8 miles back to Coarsegold to meet a man at the garage who would take us to our lodge! Drove back only to have to then drive another 6 miles into the mountains! Make no mistake, the house they sent us to was huge and really impressive on first appearances. However once in we realised there was no TV, no wi fi, no pool, no coffee maker, no toaster...the list goes on! Everything was filthy to the extent that we had to wash plates cups and cutlery before we could use any of it. The work tops were sticky and the kitchen was infested with ants. The windows all need replacing as they were clouded up sothe view was wasted. The outside areahad a bbq that was unusable due to dirt/previous use and the seating was old and tired.We ended up about 16 miles further away from Yosemite than we expected.
It felt like a renovation project that was no where near completion and was definately not in a fit state to be rented out. All in all we could not wait to leave.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Not what was expected. Located on a busy corner. Poor value for money in the area. Perhaps suitable for back packers if the price was lower. I would not recommend staying at this lodge - there are plenty of other nice places in Oakhurst but this is not one of them.

Room Tip: do not pre pay and shop around first. Only use this place as a last resort.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

If you are in the area for a trip and have a few days to spare try out their house rental!! It is affordable, the views are gorgeous, and the house is roomy. We had a family of 6 and there was enough room for everyone.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at mountain Trail Lodge in Oakhurst California. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the lodge. Just to inform you that we RENOVATED ALL OUR ROOMS AND NEW FURNITURE will be here in 3-4 days. Please make another visit in the mountains and enjoy the NEWLY RENOVATED ROOMS.

Thanks.

Encinitas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's all about your expectations. I'm low maintenance so this hotel worked for me, and will likely stay here again. Positives: very spacious rooms, huge bed, microwave, sink, cabinets, mini fridge. New floors and couch/bed, single story cabin-like/duplex place to stay, very pet friendly. The staff are very polite and willing to help, and there are no corporate rules or regs. Very friendly, family feel! The location is also excellent, closer to yosemite than most places in oakhurst and very near bass lake.

Be prepared to expect traffic noise, so sleeping with earplugs is a must. Shower pressure was just a trickle, I had to wash my feet in the sink afterwards because the water wouldn't reach that far in the shower. Electrical outlets, lamps, lightbulbs etc need maintenance as do locks on the doors (be sure to slam it hard so the door closes and press it afterwards to make sure it's shut). No bathtub. Also an older place, with old doors/cabinets and some termite damage. None of that bothers me, but you should know what to expect.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Santa Ana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Well , I thought this place would be all right, considering just a place to bed down for the night... I must say it was pretty lousy, 1st thing we noticed was just a just a tiny bit of toilet paper left.. with no extra roll at all.. luckily I travel with an emergency one just in case... I know I could have asked but whatever?? also the bathroom had a foul odor ( rotten pickles smell?) The room we were given was the one connected to the office/ living quarters of the staff running the place.. Very thin walls you can hear everything... **** My woman was bitten on her upper legs and thigh area we find out after our stay , itchy bumps... she dont believe it was from our day hiking since she was pretty well covered in those areas... I had a couple bites arms mostly, not sure if they were from outdoors or not maybe the bedbugs didnt like me as much... but just thought I'd review this one!!!! You get what you pay for ... this was the cheapest place i could find for Oakhurst area..... But next time I dont think we will be cheaping out.... Good Luck with this one.... Oh yeah, a couple pubes in the shower, I forgot to mention : /

Room Tip: Room 7 sucked!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mountain Trail Lodge? Share your experiences!