“Best pizzas and brilliant experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sugar Pine Gourmet Pizza

Sugar Pine Gourmet Pizza
40208 Hwy. 41 (Next to Starbucks), Suite D, Oakhurst, CA 93644 (Formerly Sugar Pine Take & Bake Gourmet Pizza)
+1 559-642-4642
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Small cafe style Pizzeria. BYOB Did you know that #Sugarpinegourmetpizza Is #Dogfriendly ??? We welcome all members of your family including Service Dogs of every kind.
London
“Best pizzas and brilliant experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was easily the best dinner we had in Oakhurst - very tasty pizzas, really friendly service. The guy who runs the place was happy to help and customised one of his recipes with meat in it to be vegetarian in a really tasty way. Will definitely go again next time we are near Yosemite.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
robby0413, Manager at Sugar Pine Gourmet Pizza, responded to this review, March 4, 2013

Tokyo
“Left a bad taste in my mouth”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I'm a pizza-loving American, but I live in Tokyo. Here in Japan, the pizzerias put lots of unusual toppings on pizza. Bonita (fish) flakes. Dry seaweed. Even curdled mayonnaise!

Needless to say, I rarely eat pizza in Japan — and I always look forward to the opportunity to eat good, honest, all-American pizza when I'm back in the States.

I stopped at this place after a full day of hiking in Yosemite, and ordered a large pepperoni pizza to go. Man, was I starving!

But I ended up eating only a couple of slices. I just couldn't get past the stale crust, burned pepperoni and coagulated cheese.

I guess it wasn't any worse than the bonita-and-mayo pizza I've had in Japan. But it wasn't any better, either.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Meh”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Really? If this is what people think is the best pizza they've ever had, then all I can say is maybe they've never had pizza before.

This is roughly in line with what you'll get from a supermarket's takeout section. Maybe a little less than that.

It is not by any stretch an awful pizza. But it is not a pizza of substance. What's more, it's a bit on the pricey side, too.

I had a plain cheese pizza and the box was so light I opened it in the car to make sure the pizza was in it. This was after I saw the guy put the pizza in the box with my own eyes.

The guy who was working said the owner was away, so maybe he makes a lesser pizza than the one everyone here is raving about. But, the ingredients are the same, and I'd have to say the ingredients are a bit on the tasteless side.

There are better pizza options in Oakhurst. If, like me, you are coming out of Yosemite hungry for pizza, I suggest seeking one of those other options.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
robby0413, Manager at Sugar Pine Gourmet Pizza, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
So Sorry that, ( YOU ) Feel our Pizzeria is not what people are looking for . but it dose seem that ( YOU ) are part of a diferante pizza place and like to put down any other pizza in oakhurst , we always hope to make the best meal possible for our Real Guest,
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Great friendly place in which the food was given tlc”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We went here after reading all the reviews and decided we had to go. As we walked in we were greated by rob and his partner and they were lovely. They explained all the different bases and toppings and were really helpful. We decided on the chicken which is apparently the favorite and the veggie. Both were delicious. The service was great and would definitely recommend this to all. Laid back home style pizza that really hits the spot!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Puget Sound
“Unassuming Sugar Pine Pizza Surpasses”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We took a family trip to the Yosemite area near Labor Day. Our son took us to some of his favorites in Redwood City and we sampled others in San Francisco and elsewhere. Of all our meals in California that week, the Sugar Pine's pizza in Oakhurst was the best. The owner is a good conversationalist, the choices of dough, sauce, and toppings are wide ranging, and his oven does the job. Eat in, take away, or take and bake: Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2012