“TRY Kyoto Kafe” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Redmond, Washington
“TRY Kyoto Kafe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We had dinner at this restaurant three times when we took a trip last week. We ordered ramen noodle, sushi and teriyaki bento box. Noodle is ok for me. I like sushi here.There was a good variety of sushi to select. It's solid, fresh and delicious. You can expect restaurant quality sushi here. Service was fast and great. The entire staff was very friendly and helpfu, from master sushi chef down to our waitstaff. The price was fair compared with other restaurant we tried. If you are nearby, looking for something convenient, quick and clean, I'd totally recommend it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bass Lake, California
“A Second Chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

I ate lunch with my husband today at this little Japanese no frills restaurant. The Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura ($8.95) was very light and did not taste greasy, but the veggies were julienne cut (like matchsticks) and to me was a strange presentation. The hot tea was Japanese and good. The Miso soup was warm and too salty. The rice and California roll were dry. My husband ordered a Bulgogi Box Lunch $10.95--a Korean influenced meal. He said it was ok, but would not go back for more. (He loves good Korean food).The flavor of the Bulgogi was good that I sampled, but it was cold.The couple that run it were very pleasant and attentive. Two Japanese tourist families came in halfway through our meal. This experience made me think that without a lot of people it must be hard to have fresh, hot and perfect meals in a small mom/pop restaurant. It was clean inside and table cloths were on all the tables.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bass Lake, California
“Try Oka's for Japanese in Oakhurst”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

My grandkids love Japanese cuisine, but hated this place. Rice didn't even pass the taste test of three young boys. Very small, funky to dirty inside. Try Oka's for Japanese in Oakhurst area.

Mariposa, California, United States
“mmmmmmmmmm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Terrific hibachi try steak n lobster great first date

Visited August 2011
“Don't judge a book by its cover. Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

My boyfriend and I wanted some teriyaki chicken and miso soup. We decided to eat at Kyoto kafe. When we walked in we were hesitant because there were no people inside except for the owners( very friendly people) but we gave it a try. Despite the lack of people the food was tasty. Would come back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere