“Wow” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Oakhurst, California
“Wow”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I don't think I have ever been to a breakfast restaurant as busy as this place, so it is like a fast food restaurant except the food is way better.

Visited November 2012

Westchester County, NY
“EVERY TOWN SHOULD HAVE A PETE'S PLACE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Pete's Place was heartily recommended to us by it seemed like every local we met in Oakhurst. To a person, that was where they all said they like to eat. I understand why, after eating a late breakfast there with my wife. Everybody should be lucky enough to have a Pete's Place (or a place just like it). In the days before we had fast food franchises, this was how casual food was made. From scratch (in this case, "pre-packaged" meant the shell on the egg!) by a real, short order cook (not a microwave or assembly line oven). You place your order at a counter, behind which you can see the cooks at work and smell whatever is on the grille or griddle. When it's ready, which seems like no time at all, they bring it to your table. My breakfast was washed down with coffee that I didn't have to use five Italian words to order and which was cheerfuly refilled at no extra cost. And you know what else? When I got the check, it didn't cost me that much extra than what I might have spent for a whole lot less quality at a fast food joint. The only regret I have is that while I was there in Oakhurst, I didn't get to meet Pete himself. But whoever he is, when it comes to making good eats, trust me! He's doing it right!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Oakhurst, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food large portions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Go to Pete's almost once a week, good fresh food, very large portions, split the value meal for a good value, all sides are excellent rings my current favorite, prices have gone up in the last few years so my wife and I always split a meal. Breakfast burrito is to die for but has gotten pricey. Wait staff is excellent and it has a very casual relaxed atmosphere. Good luck getting a table for Sunday breakfast/lunch

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coarsegold, California
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Zucchini strips? Cheeseburger? Breakfast? Are are awesome. Love this place. It is busy! They do have a drive through if you are not wanting to go inside.

Visited October 2011
Carmel by the sea
“Not your chain style buger place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Pete's is a great little joint, it is nothing to look at, but has good home made food, everthing tasted fresh. The zuccini fries where nice (massive serve) we could not finish them. The staff are friendly and the food resonably priced.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere