“Great experience, will leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   39060 Hwy 41, Oakhurst, CA 93644   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great experience, will leave you with a warm, fuzzy feeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast before, but the Yosemite Sierra View B&B was amazing and completely exceeded my expectations. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming, but still spotlessly clean and with maximum privacy.

The drive up the very steep hill is worth it for the amazing view of the valley that you'll have from your room. When we arrived, we were greeted by Bruce and the dog Booboo, who is by far the sweetest and most well-behaved dog I've ever encountered. Our room was huge, with an amazing view and a big patio, where we could eat or just hang around after a long day of hiking. The bed was very comfortable, and the shower was nice and hot.

The amount of privacy was great. The guest rooms had very secure locks on them. Bruce and Lori were always available and easy to find, but never intrusive. Even though there were other people staying at the B&B, we couldn't hear them.

Breakfast was simple but delicious and satisfying. Each day, there was an egg dish, fruit, and toast. As an added bonus, they had REALLY good coffee, and I consider myself a coffee snob. As others have mentioned, there is a chicken coop on the property, and all the eggs for breakfast come from those chickens. There are also a couple of cats that live with the chickens, but as far as I know, only the dog is allowed inside.

Bruce and Lori were very sweet and friendly without ever being creepy. They were more than happy to sit down with us in the morning and help us plan out where we should go hiking, where we should eat, which roads we should take as we were leaving, etc. They really went above and beyond what I've experienced at other hotels.

If you're spending time in the Yosemite area, I can't recommend this place highly enough. It was the perfect place to retreat to after a long day, and I hope I'll have the chance to stay there again someday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

A beautiful suite very close to Yosemite NP, located in a quiet hideaway with beautiful day and night views of the valley.
The suits are extremely beautiful and spacious. Direct exit to the garden.
Lovely, warm and hospitable hosts.
We had a great breakfast with a young couple from Spain and, what a small world, we had a mutual acquiantance and business interests.
The only regret is that we spent only one night due to our pre planned tight schedule. What a miss!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

A hidden gem has been found. Peaceful and quiet house located on top of the hill with a fantastic view of the Oakhurst and the nature. Bruce and Lori have been wonderful hosts who are very attentive and helpful couple.
There are only 3 types of rooms that can cater to a couple to a family of 4, comfortably. All rooms are on the ground level. No air con, only ceiling fan but who needs it when the weather is cool during the evening and you should be out during the day.
To me, this is like a 5 star hotel even though it is nothing fancy or luxury about it. It is the personal touch and service given by Lori and Bruce that makes our stay more than luxurious. They make you feel at home upon arrival and make sure every guest feel warm and welcome.
This is the kind of place I would like to stay in for vacation where u have your own space from indoor to outdoor. You can sit out in the morning for breakfast and chill out in evening with a glass of wine and enjoy the evening view of the town or the stars after a long day of hiking.

Homemade breakfast is always ready whenever u want it. Dinner can be arranged upon request. Lori will answer or even help you plan your activities at Yosemite. Less than 5 minutes to all shops and restaurants. It is about half an hour drive to the nearest entrance of the park and 1 hr 40 mins to Glacier point. From glacier to the village, it will take another hr or less.
You may not want to stay in other lodges once you have stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
brucechip, Owner at Yosemite Sierra View Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Your review tells us that we are doing exactly what we want to do. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and reaffirming that we are achieving our goals to make each guest feel comfortable and have THEIR best experience in our region :-)
Fresno, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed the night new years eve 2011. I couldn't believe the scenery and our room was so beautiful and confortable. Much better than any hotel or B&B I have visited. Lori was so gracious and kind. I would refer all my friends and family. Thank you Lori for being a great hostess and we will definately be back and hopefully for more than just one night :) God Bless.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family of three stayed in the Yosemite Sierra Bed and Breakfast for three nights in June 2011--it was our base for our trip into Yosemite Park. Lori and Bruce made us feel like "part of the family" immediately, even inviting us to join in Lori's Birthday Celebration Party!!! Without a doubt the Yosemite Sierra is one of the friendliest B&B's I have ever stayed in. The views were magnificent, the friendliness and helpfulness of the owners and the location made this a wonderful stay--the best part of our week long California road trip. If our journeys take us back their way, I look forward to visiting once again. I highly recommend Lori and Bruce's B&B

Room Tip: Call and speak with Lori--she is so friendly and helpful
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

we stayed one night at Yosemite Sierra View. the room was spacious, very clean, comfortable, modern and had a great mountain view. Beds very comfortable!
We enjoyed the sunset while sitting on the patio. breakfast was delicious, home-made. We enjoyed the conversation with the owners of the place. we even received a hand-painted card as a present! The B&B is great to visit Mariposa Grove and to relax. You will be treated as part of the family!

Room Tip: any room
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Yucaipa, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

We had the greatest weekend staying at Yosemite Sierra View! I have never stayed in a bed and breakfast before so I was a little worried about how it would be. I thought it might not be that clean or that it wouldn't be a large enough room, but our room was spotless and we had plenty of space even with two of our kids on cots in the room. (We had the smallest room of the three.) Bruce and Lori were so accommodating and so welcoming, we will definitely stay there again. The difference between hotels and B&B's? When we stay at hotels with friends, we have to call it a night and go into our separate rooms. At Yosemite Sierra View, we were able to hang out in the family room upstairs until late while Bruce made us hot chocolate. The view was incredible and the company even better. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakhurst
BEST WESTERN PLUS Yosemite Gateway Inn
Hounds Tooth Inn
Hounds Tooth Inn
#7 of 11 in Oakhurst
4.5 of 5 stars 247 reviews

Been to Yosemite Sierra View Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!