“Nice affordable spot near Yosemite” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #7 of 11 Oakhurst B&B and Inns
Newry, United Kingdom
“Nice affordable spot near Yosemite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here two nights and really enjoyed it. Good rooms and good bathrooms. Breakfast is minimal and I cannot really make a fair comment on customer services because I did not call upon staff at any point. Wifi is non existence but who cares when you are at Yosemite. I would stay again and recommend this place. It's about 30 minutes from Yosemite park entrance.

• Stayed August 2012

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed here for two nights in the petite syrah room during a recent trip to Yosemite. The hotel is clean, and modern though with a rustic feel with fireplaces, and patios that open up to the creek behind the motel. The front desk staff was really helpful, and when my husband and I bought a bottle of wine though realized we didn't have an opener, they opened up the winery for us (even though it was closed), to open the bottle for us, and provided us with nice wine glasses and a wine stopper to use while we were there.

The beer garden is beautiful, though closed on the days we were there (Mon-Weds). Staying in Oakhurst was ideal as it had gas stations, restaurants, grocery stores etc to make our trip comfortable. We were between staying here and Tenaya Lodge, though the price difference was substantial and I liked the location of being in Oakhurst. Great hotel and we'll definitely recommend to friends and family visiting Yosemite.

Make sure you use GPS because it can be a bit hard to find.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at Queens Inn as part of our yosemite trip. While it was a bit difficult to find, we found it to be a peaceful, restful inn. The grounds has well tended flower beds, which make the place feel homey and each of the 8 rooms had it's own deck or patio. We could sit on the deck in the am and look at the river while having coffee. The room size was adequate and the bathroom was a nice size, well maybe a bit more counter space would have been nice. Very clean though and the bed was comfortable.
We did have a glass of wine at the wine garden, but once served, the girl tending bar sort of ignored us. The guy in the lobby in the am was nice though.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
San Clemente, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed hear for three nights and had a good time . the small motel is owner run and they try pretty hard . Its an out of the way place and it has a nice creek behind it . We found it to be clean and everything worked after a bit of help . This place has its own beer and wine garden as well as live music on the weekend. To be fair its a little expensive and expect to drive anyplace you might want to go . It is hard to find without gps as its not on the highway but it is close to Yosemite and the tour buses will pick you up there. We probably would stay here again if places downtown oakhurst were full

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Our trip started, Florida to San Francisco, drove to Oakhurst about four hours Oakhurst is a quaint town with everything you need. The queens inn is at the end of town. First impression, very nice friendly people, our room was clean and nicely decorated,it was a handy cap shower,one level floor with a shower curtain. We didn't mind that at all. They have a wine and beer garden, lots of fun. There wine is very good, and there beer selection is excellent. It is a beautiful property, so take a long walk and enjoy. We stayed thurs. And fri. Both nights were spent winding down at the wine,beer garden, nice perk. It's about one hour to the park entrance,but it's an nice ride( I encourage all slow drivers to use the turn outs, they are there for you, move over and let faster cars go by, thank you) We did two days in yosemite and one day white water rafting on the Merced river( zepher rafting, fun ) that is plenty.Great winery-hotel

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Venice, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We spent last Saturday night at the Queen's Inn and, truthfully, I have just booked to go back again in a few months...that's just how much we loved it! I was happy to have read the reviews on TA as the driveway down is a little hidden (which is actually a plus). It is true that the exterior of the inn looks a little motel-like, but don't let that fool you -- the rooms are simply but beautifully renovated. It was a pleasant surprise to see the private decks off the back of our rooms (7 and 8) that overlook the lawn/meadow down to the river. Right next to our rooms was the wine and beer garden (open from 4 to 10, I believe). If you are really sensitive to sound and want to go to sleep before 10, you should book at the other end of the Inn (rooms 1-4). My mom who is 82 was in room 8 (right by the garden) and the live music didn't bother her, but I'm sure it would bother some (my husband and I were at the garden until it closed so the noise didn't bother us!).

After we checked in, we walked up the hill a bit to the on-site winery, Idle Hour Winery. For a small fee, we tasted about six of their wines. I honestly don't think I have ever been to a winery where I thought so many of the wines were truly excellent. Needless to say, I joined their wine club and bought a few bottles! (The wine bar below does not sell all the Idle Hour wines but I was happy that it sold my favorite one. And their other selections were also excellent.)

After dinner, we went to the wine/beer garden and enjoyed the live music and fire pits for the rest of the evening. Drinking delicious wine, dancing under the stars then retiring to your comfy bed in your beautiful room? Who wouldn't like that?

Continental breakfast is really that: coffee, tea, juice, boxed donuts and muffins, bagels and English muffins (which you can toast) and some fresh fruit. It is not a full breakfast and is not advertised to be. I am very picky about coffee and this was very good. We took our coffee and bread to the table outside overlooking the river and had a leisurely breakfast...not wanting to leave.

A word about the staff: I am amazed at the negative reviews here. Every single person we came into contact with was extremely friendly and helpful. I couldn't have asked for more.

(For those traveling to Yosemite, the Inn is about 20-30 minutes to the south entrance.)

Room Tip: Rooms 1-4 are quieter on nights when there is live music in the wine/beer garden. But I still would...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Corvallis, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I guess I should have read the reviews more carefully before booking, but the pictures made this place look like a decent deal for the price. Upon arrival, it actually looks more like a motel with eight rooms set up in an L-shaped building. Besides the actual set up, the room was quite dirty. I was greeted by a stained bedsheet that was so thin I could actually see many hairs on the mattress pad below it. SInce we checked in late, and the office closes at 10pm, we didn't have much choice but to sleep on the bed as is.

When I brought the condition of the room up to the owners they actually argued with me. I talked with several people here, and all of them were argumentative with the exception of the gentleman I booked the room with, Rocky. He seemed like a nice guy, but I was unable to reach him during our actual stay. He informed me that he was the "unpaid help."

In my opinion at $109/nite this place is really overpriced for what you're getting, basically a renovated motel.

My suggestion to the owners is to listen to your customers, apologize when concerns are brought up, and give the place a thorough cleaning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Queen's Inn by the River? Share your experiences!