“Best food in Oakhurst by a long shot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 44 Restaurants in Oakhurst
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We serve american food at reasonable prices. We offer our hotel guests a 25% discount for breakfast. Open for Breakfast and Dinner. We have a full service Lounge.
Guildford
“Best food in Oakhurst by a long shot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Used Oakhurst as a base camp for exploring Yosemite. The first night I was faced with some of the most depressing and shoddy eateries I have had the misfortune to visit whilst in the US. I don't tend to eat in hotels but thought I'd give it a try. Fantastic selection, well cooked (I had the Works burger) and excellent service from Kalon who could not have been more helpful and accommodating.

My advice, give the run-down others a miss and treat yourself at the Gateway!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Oakhurst, California
“An excellent experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

If I had read two of the reviews posted here, I would have been put off by their thoughts. Luckily I didn't. The wife and I are enjoying some time just flitting from place to place and happened on to this restaurant. On a weekday evening it was not crowded, and were greeted by staff and placed at a table of our choice to enjoy the scenery of the hills and local shops. We received rapid, courteous service by their staff and our waitress, Laura particularly. She joked with us, made recommendations and gave us a feeling of almost community. She check back regularly with actual concern, not a phoney, "Is everything alright?" I had a tri-tip dinner, which was done to perfection, with a flair of decoration on the plate - all of which was edible, not just for show. My wife needed a special accommodation, and the staff went out of their way to meet her needs. She had a chicken kabob dish that was very good. Not a morsel went uneaten. Both meals were excellent - proper taste, and preparation. There was the normal aroma of about, nothing more than that.

We will be back...

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, UK
“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate breakfast and dinner here as was staying at the hotel which I think is managed separately.

The quality of the food at both were poor. I should have learned my lesson really and not gone back for seconds!

The prawn cocktail was tasteless and came in such a presentation that was virtually impossible to eat without your hands!

I thought it would improve with the steak which was well presented when it arrived but unfortunately, it was fatty and I just didn't enjoy.

The service was friendly. But did not make up for the food quality!

If you are staying at the hotel which is fine. I'd really recommend eating somewhere else.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food and excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

While on vacation, from Maine, at Yosemite with my wife and two to be college freshman, we by chance found the Best Western Plus Yosemite Gateway Hotel and its restaurant Yosemite Gateway. The dining room is very nice with one wall covered with original artwork and the other side being large windows looking out over the hills and eclectic shops across the street.
Our waiter Calin was very helpful, attentive and enthusiastic. My wife and I had broiled chicken dinner, daughter had Herb & Pasta and my son had El Capitan chicken sandwich with hand dipped onion rings.
We were all very impressed with the excellent meals and service and highly recommend both the restaurant and the hotel.
We will be back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great portion sizes, average taste”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Portion sizes were good although dishes weren't tasty, price is ok but restaurant had this weird smell in the seating area

Visited June 2013