“There is little wonder that this hotel gets the accolades it receives.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Oakdale

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Oakdale
Louisville
“There is little wonder that this hotel gets the accolades it receives.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Holiday Inn Express Oakdale was a welcome sight after a long drive from San Francisco International Airport. The clerk behind the desk greeted us with a smile and checked us in rapidly. As an iHG member i received a discount on my room. We carried our luggage to our rooms.

There was a bottle of water waiting for us in our room.The rooms are medium sized with a large flat screen TV. The beds are very comfortable with pillows marked soft, firm, etc. The rooms have a desk, bureau, refrigerator with a bottle of water, coffee/tea maker, and a safe. Parking is not a problem. The rooms are quiet and clean. The bathrooms are medium sized and offer the shampoo, conditioner, and a shower cap. The shower had good water pressure. There are plenty of towels.

The breakfast is free. It offers a large selection and was very good. There is both hot and cold food.

There is little wonder that this hotel gets the accolades it receives.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

stayed one night on way to Yosemite arrived early no problem room was made up and was in the excellent pool in no time,we were traveling to the park when the rim fire was burning and road closures were in place staff where so help full in advising us on other routs and printing out directions.
Room was clean and well furnished, got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa V, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful response. The staff at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale work very hard to create a pleasing experience for our guests. It was unfortunate that you were unable to get the full experience of the splendor of Yosemite while the Rim Fire was burning. Hopefully you can make another trip. When you do, we look forward to serving you.
Basking Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was heading for san francisco after visiting Yosemite National park got there around 7pm. The front desk clerk was very friendly and courteous. Everything was ready for me and I do not have to wait at the front desk. Also been a part of Priority club received some goodies.Over all Hotel is very neat and clean and staff is very courteous. Morning breakfast was also warm with different varieties to choose from. I will highly recommend this hotel as a pit stop between Yosemite and San Fran as a mid point. The price is very reasonable for the services I got.

Room Tip: Pick a room further away from stair case or elevator to avoid noises.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed here on multiple occasions for business travel here in Oakdale. The hotel has always been very clean and comfortable, and the staff is very eager to help with anything that is needed. If your travels bring you to Oakdale, this is by far the best place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel. Our stay was very pleasant. Hotel was very clean. We used swimming pool and my kids loved it. Room had all amenities like refg. and Microwave. Breakfast was delicious. Sunrise river rafting in knights ferry was only 20min. From the hotel. Staff was very curtious. We loved our stay at holiday inn express Oakdale California.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oakdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our home air conditioner stop working very late at night and it was over 100 degrees in Oakdale, CA so we quickly left and went to our local Holiday Inn Express. I couldn't be more impress on how helpful Juan was and he was so friendly even towards my young adult children who joined us at a later time after midnight. We decided to stay several days because our air conditioner repairman was too busy that week. The young girl who is there in the day time,(Kneecole), was wise beyond her years and was so compassionate towards our dilemma and gave us a better rate for the rest of our stay. Kneecole was very prefessional and attentive. The maid service was excellent and promt. Those ladies earn every penny and then some. I requested our room to be cleaned at the oddest time because I never knew when my husband was going to wake up and every time they were eager to oblige me. The staff here can easily and effectively run a 5 star hotel. The only one silly little thing I must say I was not satisfied with, and I'm only saying this because I am a coffee purest, the coffee was not STRONG ENOUGH, but the breakfast selection was nice if you don't mind putting on a few pounds, LIKE I DID! Thanks Holiday Inn, see you next year since this is the third year in July our air conditioner has conked out :)

Room Tip: First floor between Ice Machine and Laundry Room; I was happy with Room 126
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa V, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Holiday Inn Express Oakdale. We are so happy you chose us to help you stay cool during the heat wave. It is very important to us that all of our guests feel comfortable during their stay. It is nice to have the opportunity to help someone from our community as well. We hope that you choose Holiday Inn Express Oakdale for any future hotel stays.
Riverton, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night in late June 2013 because my nephew was getting married nearby in Knights Ferry. The hotel is an older property -- I don't think it was originally built as a Holiday Inn Express location. The room we had was somewhat worn, but certainly by no means uninhabitable. Behind our room, out the window, was a tall fence, topped by barbed wire, separating us from the apartment complex behind.

I'm not a big fan of room layouts where the door from the hallway opens up directly to a view of the beds (like it does in this hotel); I much prefer it if the bathroom is near the hallway creating a buffer zone between the hallway and the living area, because then I don't feel like my room is on display to whomever happens to be walking by when I open the door. I think I was in room 134.

My biggest issue with this hotel was that there is inadequate parking. I ended up creating a space for myself by parking my car at the end of the one of the rows. Technically, I was in the drive area, but I didn't have much choice.

I will say that the staff exhibited excellent customer care skills. Taylar, who was the reception clerk on duty on the morning we showed up, worked hard to accommodate my request for an early check-in. We needed to check-in so we could get dressed for the wedding, and she even called my cell phone and left a message to tell me that the room was ready. Great job! The staff gets high marks.

The breakfast was of the quality that I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express - good. The free wi-fi in my room worked well, too.

Overall, this is an adequate place to stay, and very convenient if travelling between the Bay Area and Yosemite. It's about 90 miles from here to Yosemite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write a reiview for Holiday Inn Express. Reviews help us to meet all of the expectations of our guests. I understand that the view from the back side of the hotel is a bit bland. The "tall fence" that you speak of is a brick sound barrier to help keep the noise from the street and the apartment complex from disturbing our guests.
As for your room. Not all of our rooms open directly into the room as did the one you stayed in. Many do have the bathroom and closet at the door, so that there is a "buffer" to the hallway just as you would have liked. For future stays, please feel free to ask our staff for a room that is more to your liking. We understand that each guest has their particular preferences and we want to ensure that your stay with us meets your expectations of Holiday Inn Express.
Again, thank your for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oakdale? Share your experiences!