“Overall Satisfaction” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Oakdale
Basking Ridge
“Overall Satisfaction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was heading for san francisco after visiting Yosemite National park got there around 7pm. The front desk clerk was very friendly and courteous. Everything was ready for me and I do not have to wait at the front desk. Also been a part of Priority club received some goodies.Over all Hotel is very neat and clean and staff is very courteous. Morning breakfast was also warm with different varieties to choose from. I will highly recommend this hotel as a pit stop between Yosemite and San Fran as a mid point. The price is very reasonable for the services I got.

Room Tip: Pick a room further away from stair case or elevator to avoid noises.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I have stayed here on multiple occasions for business travel here in Oakdale. The hotel has always been very clean and comfortable, and the staff is very eager to help with anything that is needed. If your travels bring you to Oakdale, this is by far the best place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We recently stayed at the hotel. Our stay was very pleasant. Hotel was very clean. We used swimming pool and my kids loved it. Room had all amenities like refg. and Microwave. Breakfast was delicious. Sunrise river rafting in knights ferry was only 20min. From the hotel. Staff was very curtious. We loved our stay at holiday inn express Oakdale California.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Oakdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our home air conditioner stop working very late at night and it was over 100 degrees in Oakdale, CA so we quickly left and went to our local Holiday Inn Express. I couldn't be more impress on how helpful Juan was and he was so friendly even towards my young adult children who joined us at a later time after midnight. We decided to stay several days because our air conditioner repairman was too busy that week. The young girl who is there in the day time,(Kneecole), was wise beyond her years and was so compassionate towards our dilemma and gave us a better rate for the rest of our stay. Kneecole was very prefessional and attentive. The maid service was excellent and promt. Those ladies earn every penny and then some. I requested our room to be cleaned at the oddest time because I never knew when my husband was going to wake up and every time they were eager to oblige me. The staff here can easily and effectively run a 5 star hotel. The only one silly little thing I must say I was not satisfied with, and I'm only saying this because I am a coffee purest, the coffee was not STRONG ENOUGH, but the breakfast selection was nice if you don't mind putting on a few pounds, LIKE I DID! Thanks Holiday Inn, see you next year since this is the third year in July our air conditioner has conked out :)

Room Tip: First floor between Ice Machine and Laundry Room; I was happy with Room 126
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa V, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Holiday Inn Express Oakdale. We are so happy you chose us to help you stay cool during the heat wave. It is very important to us that all of our guests feel comfortable during their stay. It is nice to have the opportunity to help someone from our community as well. We hope that you choose Holiday Inn Express Oakdale for any future hotel stays.
Riverton, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed here for one night in late June 2013 because my nephew was getting married nearby in Knights Ferry. The hotel is an older property -- I don't think it was originally built as a Holiday Inn Express location. The room we had was somewhat worn, but certainly by no means uninhabitable. Behind our room, out the window, was a tall fence, topped by barbed wire, separating us from the apartment complex behind.

I'm not a big fan of room layouts where the door from the hallway opens up directly to a view of the beds (like it does in this hotel); I much prefer it if the bathroom is near the hallway creating a buffer zone between the hallway and the living area, because then I don't feel like my room is on display to whomever happens to be walking by when I open the door. I think I was in room 134.

My biggest issue with this hotel was that there is inadequate parking. I ended up creating a space for myself by parking my car at the end of the one of the rows. Technically, I was in the drive area, but I didn't have much choice.

I will say that the staff exhibited excellent customer care skills. Taylar, who was the reception clerk on duty on the morning we showed up, worked hard to accommodate my request for an early check-in. We needed to check-in so we could get dressed for the wedding, and she even called my cell phone and left a message to tell me that the room was ready. Great job! The staff gets high marks.

The breakfast was of the quality that I have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express - good. The free wi-fi in my room worked well, too.

Overall, this is an adequate place to stay, and very convenient if travelling between the Bay Area and Yosemite. It's about 90 miles from here to Yosemite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to write a reiview for Holiday Inn Express. Reviews help us to meet all of the expectations of our guests. I understand that the view from the back side of the hotel is a bit bland. The "tall fence" that you speak of is a brick sound barrier to help keep the noise from the street and the apartment complex from disturbing our guests.
As for your room. Not all of our rooms open directly into the room as did the one you stayed in. Many do have the bathroom and closet at the door, so that there is a "buffer" to the hallway just as you would have liked. For future stays, please feel free to ask our staff for a room that is more to your liking. We understand that each guest has their particular preferences and we want to ensure that your stay with us meets your expectations of Holiday Inn Express.
Again, thank your for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I always try and stay with this group ,the staff are always friendly, rooms great and beds are the best for a good nights sleep. breakfast great and got us off to a good start for the next part of our roadtrip

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa V, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. The staff at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale work very hard to ensure your stay with us is exceptional. We are happy that we met your expectations. Have a wonderful holiday and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Grahamstown, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

A great Holiday Inn, it seems quite new. Rooms were great and the town of Oakdale is fun to explore. The hotel is close to some great places to eat. We were checked in and assisted by Taylar, who does everything and is fantastic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lisa V, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. The staff at Holiday Inn Express Oakdale are happy that you enjoyed your visit with us. Oakdale is a wonderful little town there are many boutique stores and restaurants to enjoy. Please remember Holiday Inn Express Oakdale for your future trips.
It is always our pleasure to have such pleasant and outwardly friendly people stay with us. Thank you again for your review.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Oakdale? Share your experiences!