“What a deal” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   780 Ventura Ave., Hwy 33, Oak View, CA 93023   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak View
“What a deal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My experience was beyond my expectations. My room was clean and very comfortable. And for the management, Scott you could not have been more accommodating. Very rested and happy when I left. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Westlake Village, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

We went to the Ojai Wine Festival and were looking for a hotel nearby Lake Casitas. The Oakridge Inn was exactly what we were looking for. Queen non-smoking room under $100/night. Room was clean and very spacious. We walked to dinner at Boccali's nearby. Slept well and checked out early as we both had to work the next day. Our room had a hairdryer..toiletries and microwave and refrigerator. Towels were really rough. I would agree with previous posts...the manager is not very friendly...no small talk..back to game on tv in back room..I wasn't even told about any breakfast offerings...I was informed by reading posts on Tripadvisor. I would skip the breakfast...coffee was bad and food pre-packaged...there's a coffee shop down the road. Convenient location and clean...that's what we were looking for.

• Stayed June 2013
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We booked a room for $75, for one night.
Now let me tell you, the address provided (here, on their official website, google,...) is not the actual address of the place - you're still (I think it was) 13 miles off! We had to ask for the way at a gas station, but it was so dark already that we couldn't make much sense of the directions we were given. Thankfully our GPS ended up having it saved under the hotel/motel menu, otherwise we would've never found it!
The front desk guy was very friendly. There's a coffeemaker in the room, but we wanted a cup of tea before bed, and a sheet in the room said we could trade the coffee packets for tea, but he let us keep both. The breakfast was quite limited (and you basically have to eat it at the front desk where there's only two (or maybe it was three) couches - no clue what happens when there's more people staying!
Our room was very spacious - the bed was very high and a little small for my liking, but there was a couch, table, desk, chairs, anything else one might need. The bathroom was very big for hotel/motel standards too, even had two sinks, which I've never seen in a two star hotel.
Overall, we were very happy! All we booked it for was a good night's sleep, and that we definitely got. Comfortable bed, and very, very quiet place. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here (for 4 days) as an alternative to motels in Ventura that I had used previously. The Ventura motels always seemed to have guests who were noisy and inconsiderate of others, which detracted from my stay. The Oakridge Inn was clean, quiet, and reasonable. Only minutes away from Ventura, it gives easy access to Ojai as well. The rooms were comfortable and well appointed. The only reason I gave the rooms a 4 is that the beds seem a bit worn. Scott, the manager, was very helpful. I will be staying here again when I am in the area!

• Stayed January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Ojai can be expensive, so we were nervous about booking a room for only $75. We were very happy with our choice - room 115 is quiet (near the back, away from the street), clean, large, and well lit, with a table and chairs in addition to the bed. The breakfast is pretty limited, but our room had a coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, cups, bowls, and cutlery, so we made our own breakfast.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Scott, you're doing a great job providing your guests with a clean, quiet, affordable time away from home. I was in room 115 for extended stay with a pet. The pool was warm and perfect for my young grandson, but adults would not be able to swim in it...it looks to be about 18 feet long. The bathroom is quite large and for extended stay, I appreciated the few dishes/silverware etc you provided. Bed was very comfortable and I appreciated management stays on the premises. Hope to see you next summer!

Room Tip: Room 113 is huge!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Gabriel, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My two sisters and I met at the Oakridge Inn in Oak View to spend a few days together since we don't live near each other. I was pleasantly surprised how quiet and clean this hotel is. I really liked my room and slept well. The air conditoning was perfect for me. If you don't want to spend a lot of money just for the room, I recommend the Oakridge Inn. Don't let the 2 1/2 stars deter you! It should be rated higher.

Room Tip: If you want to swim, this may not be the place for you unless you are a young child, then it would b...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Oakridge Inn? Share your experiences!