“Enjoyed my stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Novato
Fresno, California
“Enjoyed my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed in this Marriott as I had a free night to use, so can't comment on the cost. My adult sonn and I needed to stay somewhere between Santa Rosa and San Francisco for one night. This fit the bill. I'm not a fussy traveler, and had no complaints. Very comfortable beds and chairs. I was able to look at the GoBoard touch screens and find out about some nearby wineries and print out directions, though I really didn't need them printed; easy enough to find. I appreciated the Sonoma Visitor's map and SF map, as well, and the help from the front desk. I did have French toast for breakfast there, and it was fine. I didn't get to try out the spa or exercise room; wish I'd brought workout clothes and a bathing suit... I did not use room service, but I can't seem to unclick this!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I think this Courtyard in Novato is a GREAT affordable option for exploring the wine country. It's right off the 101 and in 20 - 30 minutes you can be to the south ends of Sonoma and Napa valleys or up to Healdsburg and the Russian River Valley. The hotel has nice rooms and the restaurant downstairs has a great selection of food - breakfast, lunch and dinner - and everything I've had tasted great. Yes, it's a little overpriced, but that's the case for every hotel I've ever stayed in… you are paying for convenience. If you don't want to pay for that, right behind the hotel is a grocery store and shopping center with restaurants. Plenty of options nearby. Staff has always been very friendly and the rooms are nice. For the value and location, I think it's a great option when visiting the wine country.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Surrey, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed here two nights, room was ready upon arrival. The room was clean and bright. Washroom was clean, also pretty basic. The location worked really well for my purposes. Free parking, and having the Safeway so close was also a plus. This hotel met my expectations I would stay here again if in Novato.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Nice bed and linens. Breakfast was not included but they had a modern cafe. For the price we expected breakfast to be included. The food in the cafe was overpriced. Not too impressed with the amenities. Quick check in/out. Free parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tim H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Novato Marin/Sonoma, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Hello and thank you for your review. We truly appreciate your feedback regarding the quality of your stay. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the value of our Bistro. We are pleased to hear, however, that you enjoyed our bedding and free parking. We hope that you consider us again in your future travels.
Laguna Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The ladies at the front desk were helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean. But there was some mold next to the tub in one of them. The overal standard is ok as one should expect at this price range. The hotel shows signs of wear and tear. The Larkspur courtyard seems to be a bit better in quality and location, which comes at a higher cost.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for your feedback regarding the condition of your room. We are pleased that you found our staff both friendly and helpful. We hope that you consider us again should your travel plans bring you to the Marin/Sonoma area. Thank you.
Tim H.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Spent four nights in Novato. The rooms, esp. the bathroom need some renovation, but since some years only the television sets get upgraded. Rooms are noisy, no matter which Part of the building: either the Safeway or the parking lot are noisy from very early on.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Tim H, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Novato Marin/Sonoma, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We would like to apologize for the experience in which you have described in your review. It is our goal for every guest to have a pleasant experience and good night’s rest. We also value your opinions on the how our rooms appear and appreciate your comments. We look forward to accommodating you again in the future should your travel plans return you to the Novato area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Location is superb. The property is beautifully laid out and in immaculate condition. When I arrived there had been a mishap with my reservation by Marriott website and the hotel was almost full to capacity. I received excellent and professional service from the front desk person - Penny Nann - who took care of the problem. I found the other staff to be excellent as well. This is a very well run Marriott property and I recommend it anyone looking for excellent value.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Novato
BEST WESTERN PLUS Novato Oaks Inn
BEST WESTERN Corte Madera Inn
#1 of 3 in Corte Madera
4.0 of 5 stars 527 reviews
San Francisco-Days Inn Novato

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Novato Marin/Sonoma? Share your experiences!