“Love this place!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Newton, ia
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Charming old hotel has been given new life! Parking space is right outside your door which is handy. Our room had a second door that opened to a lovely courtyard. Room was very tastefully done - loved it! There was even an in-room recycle bin which was greatly appreciated! We took a two week trip and stayed in a different place each night. This was by far my favorite!

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard room!
Green Features: Only place we stayed that offered recycling in-room. Great!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

174 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Okoboji, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I routinely stay at the Inn Marin. The lobby, rooms and restaurant are consistently great and the service is outstanding. There is a magic formula at the Inn Marin and it starts with great people. The people are helpful, courteous and take the time to care for their guests.

Room Tip: Garden rooms are charming.
Green Features: Green consciousness is a bonus. It helps me by reinforcing a couple of practical changes I might make to contribute.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Inn Marin is a well maintained old hotel with beautifully landscaped grounds, charming rooms that are the most eco-friendly I've ever seen. We ate at their restaurant, Ricky's. Loved the "small portions" on the menu. I had the filet minion that was cooked to perfection, enjoyed yummy cocktails, and live music as well. Topped off with a dessert sampler... OMG! The best Flan!
Our room was very clean and very comfortable, included a frig. One thing I noticed was the location right by freeways, yet there was no noise in our room, or in the area of our room. Very peaceful, relaxing time. The staff wasn't in our way, but were right there making sure we were treated well. I almost forgot to mention all this comes with a continental breakfast! Thank you Inn Marin for a wonderful stay. We WILL be back!

Room Tip: Family friendly, pet friendly. Would be nice for an outdoor wedding. Event space available.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Wow, I can't say enough. When my husband first brought me here, I will admit, I was a little nervous from the looks on the outside. Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong. They have renovated these rooms and they are so adorable. You truly get that old roadside motel experience, but with all the cleanliness and quaintness you desire. Mercy at the front desk is the sweetest woman I've ever dealt with. All the staff was so accommodating for our group. The garden area is wonderful, the food at Ricky's restaurant is wonderful, the staff is wonderful, I am in love. We will be coming here at least twice a year with our group, as well as other staying here for other trips. Thank you so much Inn Marin!!

• Stayed January 2013
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Inn Marin is a hidden jewel! Situated off the freeway this 'special place' is convenient for me since it is close to my family, friends, and shopping. I lived in Marin many years and I now stay at this Inn when visiting family and friends. It is also a nice place to invite my friends to come over and enjoy a bottle of wine in the lovely courtyard or by the pool. I also like to have my family and friends meet at Ricky's Restaurant for a delicious dinner. GREAT PLACE AND A NEW HOME FOR ME!

Room Tip: Lots of good rooms around the courtyard!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Calvia, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A old propety, motel-style. don't let the exterior appearance fool you. I stayed the for business for a week. Beautiful rooms with very cleaned hardwood floors, friendly staff, excellent breakfast and restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I booked this hotel due to its proximity to business. I wasn't expecting much. When I drove up at night, in the dark, I thought I had booked the Bates Hotel. It is really tucked back in there. It is a motel, with all external access. However, the rooms are beautiful: real hardwood floors, skylight in the bathrooms, beautiful wood (is it cedar?) closets. Comfortable bed and a keurig machine in the room. I didn't try the restaurant, so can't comment there. The wifi was great. I was worried because my room was far away from the lobby, but no issues. I would not hesitate to stay here again, and again, and again...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Inn Marin? Share your experiences!