“Better than last time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marinwood Inn & Suites

You added Marinwood Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Marinwood Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   275 Alameda del Prado, Novato, CA 94949 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Novato
Israel
“Better than last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Having stayed here last November (then the Econo Lodge) and being brought back by work again, opted for it due to price and convenience. Overall, my impression is as last time. Although this is not by any means a luxury lodging, king-sized bed is comfortable and the place is newly remodeled. Even though I arrived after midnight and awoke the receptionist, he greeted me nicely and got me checked i quickly. Whereas last time, there was no MW or fridge in room as advertised, this time they had them. Even added cream for coffee at breakfast. I did notice this time that traffic noise from 101 is evident, but should not keep you awake if you sleep soundly. Overall, this is good value for price. You can probably find nicer in area, but will pay for it, this was around $100 per night pre-paid.

Room Tip: Due to Hwy 101 may be better in back but you will still get the traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear SRCIsrael,

Thank you for choosing Marinwood Inn & Suites for your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities and location and hope to welcome you again soon.

Marinwood Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

We stayed here 5 nights on a business trip. The room was comfortable and had everything we needed. It is conveniently located by the 101 Freeway. We appreciate Bobby making sure that we had everything we asked for. The bed is really comfortable, but their pillows were flat. We asked for extra pillows when we left and they were in our room when we got back. We needed the a/c looked at, no problem it was done. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Lori K,

Thank you for your review of Marinwood Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our location and customer service. We hope to welcome you again soon.

San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We booked a room about two weeks ago thru Expedia. We needed to be in the area for a wedding and wanted to spend the night rather than drive home. Despite some negative reviews, price and location seemed right, so we booked it. I knew we'd be arriving late, probably after 11, so I tried to call to let them know. I tried about 6 times, and the phone just rang and rang. Finally, after a few days, someone picked up and said, no problem, someone's at the desk 24 hours, and they had just been working on the phone line, so that was the explanation for the fact that no one answered. Then...today, three days before we were to arrive, I get a call from the hotel telling me that there had been a glitch with Expedia, and they actually don't have any rooms available. Not good. So I called Expedia, and the rep was baffled and called the hotel and confirmed that no rooms are available. This is ridiculous. I think they just found someone who would pay a higher rate. Totally irresponsible. Expedia tried to find me another room at the same rate at a nearby hotel, but everywhere is booked. Avoid this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear aeversco,

We sincerely apologize for the glitch that caused Expedia to sell you a room that we didn't have available. We have been in contact with Expedia so that this issue doesn't happen again and appreciate your feedback regarding the matter.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Upon checking in I was treated rudely by an older man at 3am. The customer service was absent. When he asked for my ID and credit card he didn't say he was going to run the card or for any amount. I had to transfer funds first as I always carry cash. He asked rudely, "How long do I have to wait for that!" I said it's already done and it took him longer to run the card than the transfer as USAA apps are fast. I told him I called twice, the day I booked online requesting a double queen, and the morning we departed San Diego for the trip to verify my room and to let hem know we would be checking in around 3am. No issues, until I get in my room and it's a king bed only. I call the front desk he answers that he had my debit card, (because he didn't return it). I grab all my bags and head back to the office only to be shouted at because I booked the wrong room he said. He said that I can't have the double room but one night of the two nights I reserved and that I had to speak to the manager in the morning. I said I surely will because he was being extremely rude. The next morning a taller thin man was there, not the manager. Manager wasn't in apparently. This guy was more rude than the first and my friend couldn't believe his lack of effort towards customer service. I explained the situation and he also blamed me and didn't seem to care that I wasn't happy with their treatment. Booked room for June 27,28 checked out 29.
I left a note for the maid to leave some extra towles as there were only 3! No extra towels and the letter was tossed aside. Rude!
The room is old the curtains bobby pinned together, the walls were eaten away and splintered the patio furniture was old and there were only 2 pillows on each bed. The "renovations" were none existent as it looked old and dingy. The carpet looked clean however. If you don't mind rudeness and an older room this is fine but the employees here are jerks and the rooms are not nice enough to put up with that crap! I paid 301 for two nights! Rather be at a Hilton for that!

• Stayed June 2014
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Tracey W,

Thank you for choosing Marinwood Inn & Suites. We sincerely apologize that the online booking system didn't communicate your changes with us. We hoped that by giving you the double queen room at the king price was enough to make up for this glitch. We are still in the middle of renovating the property, so we are sorry you didn't think your room was up to par. We are working hard fixing up the property and creating a positive experience for all of our guests.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

I had booked my room at least 6 months ago. Last month I received an email letting me know the property had bed sold. I called the hotel and told the new owner about the email I received and wanted to be sure i still had a reservation. I was assured I did. Drove 4 hours to get to the hotel to check in. The very rude man at the desk told me there were no reservations undery name. I showed him my confirmation # and explained my prior phone call. All I heard was "oh well". It was NASCAR weekend so every hotel within several miles were full. I would not trust this hotel. Shady, rude and smelly too

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Mercy nurse,

We are very sorry about the inconvenience the technical glitch caused you. We are in the middle of renovating the property and changing the booking systems and are sorry your reservation was lost on one of the busiest weekends of the year. We have been working on fixing this error and are now back on track.

nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The room was spacious and while it's right next to highway, I was in the back, so I didn't hear any noise. The room was fairly clean. The balcony rocked. The staff was extremely helpful and gracious. Basic continental breakfast. Overall a nice experience

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back with a balcony
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear jgewirtz,

Thank you for taking the time to review Marinwood Inn & Suites. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, our staff, and the balcony. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Warmest Regards,

Pacific Grove, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This newly renovated property is a wonderful place to stay if your're going to Infineon Raceway. Excellent rooms that are spacious (high peaked ceiling), quiet and easy access to and from Hwy 101. The price was excellent and the room equipped with stove, micro, frig, wide screen tv and wifi. Nicely maintained property. If there was 1 negative aspect to mention it would be the breakfast. 3 tables and very small & limited choice of items. Hopefully, this will expand as they continue operations.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back 130-150 were quiet and far from highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Shift H,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marinwood Inn & Suites. We appreciate your comments and are happy enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Marinwood Inn & Suites

Been to Marinwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!