“Not your average Econo Lodge!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Marinwood Inn & Suites

You added Marinwood Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Marinwood Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   275 Alameda del Prado, Novato, CA 94949 (Formerly Econo Lodge)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Novato
Morro Bay, California
“Not your average Econo Lodge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

When I stay at an Econo Lodge, I expect a clean, utilitarian, small room. Not here!! Here, the rooms are huge, with kitchenette, and well furnished. The motel looks like it has been built in stages over the years, rambling up a hillside, with multiple passages connecting the several parts. It is on a frontage road, next to Highway 101, but freeway noise was not a probable where we were, in the upper most section. Our room, #448, even had a balcony with distant views of San Francisco Bay. Breakfast is the only Econo Lodge thing about this Econo Lodge--spartan and no tables or chairs. But the price is certainly right!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear 2bears93442,

Thank you for choosing Novato Econo Lodge. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the views from the room's balcony. We take pride in the renovations we have made throughout the years and are glad you noticed. Thank you for your positive review, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

The hotel is located in a nice and quite neighborhood. And there are great hiking trails just nearby for those people who like to be in the nature and exercise, and I did that everyday. I stayed with my small pet, very well behaved PUG in one of their King size bed suites for 15 days in my first trip to over there, and everyone including their manager "call himself Bob" was aware of my dog being in the room with me. Few days after I checked out of the place, I again, decided to go back there and to book myself the same room as I had before. I booked the same room and traveled over there. But when I just arrived to check in, suddenly the guy who calls himself as a "Manager" shows up and I'm greeting friendly, "Hi Bob, I'm back again! Good to see you!" In return, he didn't allow me getting to my room by saying, the place is not pet friendly! In the whole time of that 15 days that I spent in same room before with my pet, It was a pet friendly place but just now ONLY after few days coming back again, it became no pets allowed! What got me upset was that he clearly knew me there during my previous stay and was fully aware of my Pug. And just for the record, all that 15 days of my pre-stay wasn't booked all initially in one reservation, I kept extending my stay each time after the checking out day was near and he knew the whole time that I had a dog! I asked him to explain the difference between now and before, and he was just simply smiling while another guy also standing by the corner, it seemed he also worked there too, was laughing but in a supportive way for that manager.. He simply said reason, because he felt Ok at that time but not Ok at this time!! I don't know if he was expecting something from me or maybe not, it could also be just his personality! No further comments.. Overall, base on my experience at the time I spent there before and base on what I just saw,I would never recommend that place to anyone specially those who really care to receive a good customer service. Funny that I caught him smocking cigarettes in a new corner every time when I walked driven by.. I doubt if that ever happens in any where else, not even in 1 star hostels to find "The Manager" keep smocking one after another anywhere anytime.. No class at all. And, I don't know if the owner of that hotel ever could realize or he ever liked to know, that how this guy is just killing the business and no wonder that how come I didn't see not more than only few guest cars parked in their parking lot! And that was in one of the hottest seasons of the year, few days before and after NYE when I could see every other hotels around was almost full of guests .. My recommendation is to avoid wasting your money in that place.There are many other better places in the area where they really care and appreciate continuing doing business with guests.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Shawn36264,

Thank you for choosing Novato Econo Lodge. We are sorry about the unfortunate experiences you experienced at Novato Econo Lodge. We appreciate your feedback and if you have any suggestions feel free to call. We hope to welcome you back again someday.

Santa Monica, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

They have been remodeling this motel for a couple of years now. This last stay was my 2nd during this time of re-construction. It will be my last time unless in a terrible pinch.
I reserved in advance, have status with this hotel group and have stayed here before so I was confident everything wold be dandy in my lower priced stay. Wrong.
When I got there, there was no-one around. Finally, the guy showed up and gave me a dark, dank room that was down two flights of stairs in a courtyard that was weird and deserted. I had a bunch of luggage and was staying alone, so requested another room. This time I got a great big, skylight, kitchen room. However, when I got up in the AM there was NO hot water at all from any source. I told him on my way for the day expecting a resolve and adjustment to my rate on return. When I got back, he said it was fixed, I tried again, no hot water. Long story short: no refund as he said I did not let the water run long enought to heat. Wrong answer. I let it run for 5 minutes with no result. Too tired to fight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear HongKongTania,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge for a second time. We are sorry you were dissatisfied with your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope that we may welcome you back soon. If you have any other suggestions that would make Novato Econo Lodge more comfortable feel free to call.

North Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I am a choice hotel platinum member and been with them for over 10 years. This is truly one of the nicest Econo Lodge hotels in the country by far. Working with the airlines my family and I travel often and all over the country. The rooms our high quality and the staff is second to none!!! Highly recommend and my family and I will be staying here more often. Also just remodeled and up graded rooms. Very clean and one of the best nights sleep. Beds are up graded pillow tops and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong on any room at the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ManagerDM, Manager at Marinwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Chris D,

Thank you for choosing the Novato Econo Lodge for your stay in the area. We appreciate your loyalty to Econo Lodge and are pleased that you rank us at the top! We appreciate your feedback and comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This motel was still in the process of being renovated when we stayed, but it was not intrusive. The room was comfortable and large and the shower was impeccably clean. Its hard to gauge the breakfast since the office was in temporary quarters, though it looked like a former restaurant attached to the property was also being redone. Being right off Rt. 101 made it easy to get around. Quiet and updated; we wish the new owners the best!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear John P,

Thank you for choosing the Econo Lodge Novato for you stay in Marin. We are thankful and pleased that you were able to enjoy some of our new amenities. We look forward to seeing you again when our renovations are complete. Thanks again for choosing Econo Lodge Novato.

Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I will start with the good points. The location is good, right off the highway (althrough everything is, in Novata which stretches along 101). As noted, each room has its own covered parking. My room was recently renovated - new and good quality A/C, and TV, very comfie king-sized bed, nice shower, small safe, and adequate closet and shelf space. Room was clean, and plenty of electrical outlets in strategic places, not always found in a room.
Next things which are "OK" - minimal breakfast, but enough to start the day, (for instance, I like a bit of milk in my coffee but there was none) small soap, hand lotion and shampoo, plenty of towels. Nice showerhead but the bathtub is the old one. Sink is outside the bathroom next to the door, which is a bit inconvenient.
Now the things which were really no OK:
1) My reservation said I have MW and fridge in the room but there was none. When I asked the person who checked me in, he said told me "they are being delivered tomorrow" which may or not be, but irrelvant for my one night stay. No words like "we are sorry", or offer of compensation (this happens to be important matter to me)
2) I had some issues with my cellphone from abroad and the service dept. needed to call me on a landline but they were told a the office that the transfer system is not working.

To sum up, you may have a fine stay, but there are still some rough edges here, possibly due to ongoing upgrading. Maybe try it in another year.

Room Tip: Some rooms (ones with covered parking) are upstairs so you have to lug your bags up a narrow stairwa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear SRCIsrael,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge Novato for your stay in the area. We appreciate your comments and are working hard to offer an excellent guest experience. We hope that if you are traveling in our area again, we can welcome you back to the Econo Lodge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were there to help my daughter renovate your home which was located close by the Econo Lodge, so this was our first stay at the Lodge. Although we had never stayed here before, we were pleasantly surprised by the renovations, the affordable price and the entire experience. We booked 2 rooms, one for ourselves and one for the 2 workers we brought with us to help... we all worked long days and at times stressful but it was wonderful to come back to a clean, fully functional clean place to lay our heads at night, even for the entire week we were there... the two workers who came with us commented on how we got them the DELUXE unit... our unit was wonderful, the flat screens TV, the wonderful decor w new bedding made it a wonderful experience. We will return. The staff, particularly at the front desk staff over night and early morning was FANTASTIC and always helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Faith H,

Thank you so much for choosing the Econo Lodge Novato for your stay while helping your daughter renovate her house. We are pleased that your accommodations were comfortable for you and your other party. We appreciate your feedback and hope you choose to stay with us again.

Best Regards,

Been to Marinwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!