Room 147 is in the back building and is UPSTAIRS (no elevator), and the room is huge with a real kitchen, a round kitchen table with 4 comfy straight-backed chairs, a long desk with one rolling office chair (the desk is only good for a tall person, though). The kitchen was super clean and had a toaster, a good-sized fridge with a freezer and a nice sink, as well as an electric stove with oven! Off the kitchen is a sliding glass door with a real balcony and a view of the nearby picturesque hills and barbeque area below.
The bed was clean and comfy. The entire place was super clean and quiet, except for the crazy wind that whistled pretty loud. The skylight was wonderful. Some people like their hotel rooms dark. I don't. I like to get up and go when I am on vacation. The vaulted ceiling with skylight makes the room seem even bigger. Could a family of four stay in this room? Yes, if the kids sleep on the floor or you get rollaway cots (check for availability).
I got on the internet just fine with my laptop. However, throughout several days' stay, my companion tried to connect on both his tablet computer and his laptop and kept getting bumped off after a minute or so, even after the staff said they would bump up the wireless signal. The network cable was not yet connected since the room had been recently remodeled. If not for internet connectivity issues of my companion, this would have been 5 stars. Also, there was no couch and there was plenty of room for one under the large flat-screen TV on the wall.
This place is clean, spacious and quiet. I recommend it over the more expensive places in San Francisco.
We did have to deal with Golden Gate Bridge traffic as our days were spent in San Francisco across the bay from Novato. Please note that we saved $100 a night or so by staying in Novato instead of in San Francisco! Travel tip: If you do not have FAS-TRAK, then you need to pay for your Golden Gate Bridge toll fees ONLINE within 48 hours after you cross the bridge the first time, otherwise you get a bill in the mail. Toll booths are unmanned and you do not stop on the GG bridge to pay. Go to http://goldengate.org/tolls/tollpaymentchoices.php and make a one-time payment with your license number and credit card. You can specify the beginning and ending date of your bridge crossings and pay for multiple days. Your license plate is photographed and you will only be charged for your actual crossings and only in one direction.
When I go back to San Francisco, I will stay here again and I recommend it to others. It is a good value!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience affordable lodging at the bed-and-breakfast-style Marinwood Inn & Suites in Novato, California, located close to the world-famous Wine Country in Sonoma County. Each of our 47 well-appointed guest rooms - one-third of which are suites - is tastefully decorated and provides the ultimate in comfort and convenience - whether you're visiting for one night or an extended stay for any vacation or business traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Marinwood Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge - Novato Hotel Novato
- Marinwood Inn & Suites Novato, CA - Marin County