“Our Favorite Local Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Francisco, California
“Our Favorite Local Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

We discovered Arun Thai about a year ago and it has become our favorite local restaurant.
I can't get enough of their curry dishes and my husband orders the crab fried rice when ever it's on their list of specials. Beef, chicken, lamb, shrimp, crab, veggies, noodles-everything is good and aren't we fortunate to have them in our neighborhood! The service is always friendly and the short wine list is good but arrive early because the place starts to fill up especially on weekends.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Merced, CA
“Good Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had dinner here based on all the recommendations on Tripadvisor, while travelling through the area. It turned out to be a pretty good experience. The place was certainly packed but we were able to get a seat after a short wait. The place did seem a bit cramped. Nice and classy interior. We had some curry dishes and noodles. Flavor and taste were pretty good. Service was prompt and efficient. Overall, it was a good experience.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
tripper45
“Arun Thai - mmm Wonderful Asian-Thai food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I love this restaurant. The food is Asian delicious, my favorite appetizer is the sample of tastes; and I like the specials and the wine pairings. The staff is friendly, and remembers you even if you go a few times a month. The owners are from Bangkok, and the Chef-Owner when he has time will circulate among the tables, saying hello, and chatting. It is close to where I live in Novato. The atmosphere is lovely inside, but outside is a small-business district. I have suggested it to many friends who also return for a meal. Lunch is big with surrounding small business employees from the area.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent food, wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Loved this restaurant in Novato. We are used to eat Thai in Los Angeles, and thought we already knew the best Thai food in California. We were wrong. This family run restaurant in the Marin area was an experience. Wonderful food and very nice people serving. The chef is happy to share some of his secrets, and when he explains the preparation of his curries, you feel thankful for the interesting stories and the quality of food you are eating. Will return, positive.

Visited January 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Decent Thai food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I've sampled some of their appetizers and Curry dishes, as well as their fried rice. They are good but I would caution those who are looking for the authentic Thai cuisine. I personally don't think their dishes qualify as authentic Thai food, but they are definitely good in their own respect. I will continue to visit this restaurant while I am on business here in Novato area, and I will update my review accordingly.

A bit of background about myself to qualify my opinion, I am South East Asian, have been to Thailand, have taken cooking lessons there, and I am a fan of Thai food (if it's not clear by now).

• Visited December 2013