“Unfortunately, it's the only hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel

You added Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel to your Saves list
Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3410 Westover Street, North Highlands, CA 95652   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Highlands
Medford, Oregon
“Unfortunately, it's the only hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I traveled to the area on business and the Lion's Gate was the closest (and pretty much the ONLY) hotel near the convention center.

Upon arrival, the room was dirty, towels were stained, the windows wouldn't open, the refrigerator was broken, and the room was, let's say.... tiny.

It took me an entire day to get things fixed and cleaned. The so-called "breakfast" that was included was nothing that I would have eaten. That is unless I liked, sweet rolls, undercooked bacon, powdered eggs (that's what they tasted like) and everything served cold.

I got a special rate because of the event I was attending, but there really aren't any hotels in the area. It was only for a few days so I just put up with the room, didn't eat the food and checked out a day early. The clerk at the front desk on Sunday really didn't want to hear about the issues and said I should call the manager on Monday. I didn't. I just won't go back.

Room Tip: There is no elevator to the second floor. If you want to use the service/handicapped elevator and w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
LGHManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our Lions Gate Team we would like to express my sincere apology for the obvious inconvenience that you endured on your recent visit. I have researched the daily logs from our restaurant, engineering and housekeeping departments I was able to determine the staff members that were on duty during your stay. I have spoken with each of them and their immediate supervisor regarding your concerns and we have taken appropriate actions. I have also spoken with our executive chef regarding your observation on the breakfast buffet.

We always strive to have quality service and excellent relationships with all our guests and provide everyone with a pleasant and memorable stay. we hope that you will give us another opportunity to experience our Lions Gate Hospitality. At your convenience please contact me and it will be my pleasure to arrange this.

Again,
we apologize and hope to regain your trust and business back at our Lions Gate Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a suite in an older building, which was fine, except we could hear EVERY foot stomp from upstairs. We're all away from home, be considerate people! We were promised a suite with two queen beds and a queen hide-a-bed. One of our queens was actually a full size bed (a smaller bed). I don't know that a queen would have fit in the small bedroom? They just shouldn't say it's a queen if it's a full in that one room. I would have made reservations elsewhere to have a comfortable nights sleep. I think everyone else in our party was comfortable with their queen mattresses. It was clean. The grounds were beautiful. Staff nice. The breakfast was fine. I didn't like that the restaurant staff felt too comfortable there so it didn't have a professional feel, but I didn't experience anymore than breakfast. So, it was fine, I'm just telling you to know what you are exactly getting. Somehow get a commitment from the hotel of what is in your room.

Room Tip: I would ask for upstairs if it's the older building. Pin the reservationist's foot to the fl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
LGHManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013

I am sorry to hear you did not get the room with the bed size you were promised.
I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department heads, I will see to it that
the correct room description information is given to each and every guest.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. They've done some nice work on renovating this old officer's quarters into a hotel.

Pros: Room was fine. Very much like a Hampton Inn decor but with a refrigerator, microwave and small sink. 5$ access to the California Family Fitness center that is on the McClellan park also. Breakfast included, pretty standard and minimalistic fare also Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. Friendly staff at check in.

Cons: Not enough parking on weekends forcing you to leave your car in an outer lot. No pool. Room 1031 has the unfortunate position next to the maid's laundry room which is noisy and the staff places trash, dirty laundry and other crap right outside the room. Rooms 1030 and 1031 are right under a metal stair case and the racket is oppressive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to review our Hotel, I find it unacceptable that our staff had left bags of trash out under the stairwell, my sincere apologies it won't happen again.

I'm sorry you did not get to see / use our pool
we have a large outdoor patio with the swimming pool in the corner.

Been to Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel

Address: 3410 Westover Street, North Highlands, CA 95652
Location: United States > California > North Highlands
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in North Highlands
Hotel Class:3 star — Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Agoda, BookIt.com and Tingo so you can book your Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Lions Gate North Highlands

If you own or manage Lions Gate Hotel & Conference Center- a Lexington Legacy Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.