“FABULOUS and SWANKY, don't be fooled by strip mall location” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 7 things to do in Nipomo
Santa Maria, California
4 attraction reviews
“FABULOUS and SWANKY, don't be fooled by strip mall location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've been to have couples massages, hair down by BRUCE....he is simply the best! Don't be fooled by the strip mall location--it is appointed in luxury. Clean, nice staff, and talented people offer the services you want. I'm ready for another couple's spa day for my husband and I. The tub was wonderful!

Visited February 2012

Pismo Beach
“Decent day spa”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

ok, so this is just one persons opinion. there was something missing for me here. the staff was very nice and the massage was good. I've been to spas on cruise ships and from Fiji to Mexico, as well as here, where I live. This just wasn't very restful. Located in a strip mall in Nipomo, Healing Touch endevours to be a classic full service spa and salon. Parking in the lot was easy and the lot was spacious, HOwever, upon pulling in, I was looking directly at the windows and I'm seeing tons of boxes from recent deliveries stacked in the window. Granted this is not the spa area, but it very visable upon your entry. Entering thru one of 2 doors, I am in the reception area/gift shop. Well maintained and clean, but with merchandise like handbags, sandals and wine glasses, maybe a little crowded. I would expect to see body products and candles etc,but much of what was for sale had nothing to do with body treatments. I was given a form to fill out since it was my first visit and a comfortable place to write. When I made my appt, I wasn't told whether or not I would be soaking before my massage and I made it clear it was my first visit, so I think the appt maker was remiss in not telling me what to expect. there was no soaking before the massage, which is something I like.
my therapist came for me and escorted me to a treatment room. the decor here is alittle over the top, with hand painted frescos and plaster columns down the hallway of treatment rooms. the room was comfortable in temperature and atomosphere. The massage was good, but not great. The therapist did make every effort to make sure I was comfortable and concentrated on the areas I requested. At the end of my session I was given a bottle of water by my therapist and escorted to the front desk to pay. I was charged $85 for my massage, which is about standard for a day spa in this area. Their motto here is "walk in float out"...I didn't. HOwever, there are not a lot of choices in this area for day spas. This one is decent with a friendly staff and solid therapists. This spa is about 10 minutes from my house. There is a better day spa about 20 minutes in the opposite direction, which I have used in the past and will probably go back to using for a more relaxing experience.
Overall, the mall setting just wasn't relaxing. there was no place to sit after or before to just relax, there was no pre massage soak, no lockers or showers. It just wasn't a complete experience for me.

Visited March 2012