“Great Place to stay...and it is ON THE LAKE” 4 of 5 stars

3927 E Highway 20, Nice, CA 95464   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nice
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sacramento, California, United States
“Great Place to stay...and it is ON THE LAKE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Me and my friends are staying here presently and it has been a great experience so far. The resort is "Right on the lake" so for those negative reviews that say it is not, they need to get their cataracts taken care of. It is beautiful, open, other guests very friendly and helpful. Has all the amenities you would need for comfort. It's not a 5 star hotel but it is a timeshare property so you get what you paid for. Kids are loving it. Only drawback...the place is infested and I mean infested with every species of spiders you can imagine. They really need to spray this place. We are staying in a 2 bedroom suite with an extra Murphy pull out bed. There are 4 adults and 4 children and we were all sleeping very comfortably and a ton of space to relax in. The water is extremely hot for showers especially given how many people are staying here. I haven't had a lack of hot water once and that is multiple showers as well as doing dishes by hand. (yes there is a dishwasher but I chose to wash them this way) Again, only complaint is the infestation of spiders. Otherwise as far as convenience and comfort go it has worked out perfectly. Would most definitely come again.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom 2 bath is the perfect amount of space for any group of families with children.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I really dont know where teh negeative reviews are coming from, ALL Worldmark units have a dishwasher, so the peopel who said they didn;t probably didnt know what one looks like. The Property is on the lake and not accross the road, unless they refer the access road for the boat launch a road? I will say this about the lower units, yes the upper units are the two bedrooms, which tend to have families and that is a poor design. We have stayed in both the one bedroom unit - Just last week and the two bedroom unit a few years ago and in the two bedroom units the smaller bedroom is usually two twin beds so that is where the kids usually would go and the master bedrooms are upstairs making it easy for kids to run around and make noise. Worldmark can help with the noise as they have "Quiet Hours" from 10PM to 8 AM so you can call the front desk if the noise is particularly disturbing for help in enforcing the quiet hours. The front desk is a 50/50 we've had good and bad help up there but more often it is good. The restort is great, the lake goes through cycles of heavy weeds and algae. It was really thick last week, but in early June is usually pretty clear. There are two places to rent Jet Skis, we usually rent with Disneys which at the time of writing it costs 50.00 for 30 minutes (I know steep huh?) but afterwards we saw an ad for "On the Waterfront" which will rent you one for 55.00 for a full hour (Still high but better I think). We'll probably give them a try. Check out my restaraunt reviews for the area too. Fear not, this is a great resort (You might want to consider Indio too)

Room Tip: Building "F" is the best, from the front door you can see straight through to the lake. Bu...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Brentwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I too was worried about the negative reviews. I first must share that we own 5 timeshares- all 5 star- Gold Crown and we traded into the Worldmark for Memorial Day weekend. We wanted to go wine tasting and hiking and just relax. We have also traded over 75 times all over the world not including going to our own timeshares. For those of you that are timeshare owners- here are the facts- if you go to your own property you should have a room of your choice with a nice view if you book AHEAD!
When we trade I never expect to get an ocean view or lake view- that is reserved for the owners so timeshare owners .. if you expected anything else or someone told you anything else its wrong. It just makes sense!

We that being said we had a one bedroom and there was us and another couple. We had outstanding service- could not have been better especially Daneen Thompson at the front desk. She did a great job.!

We had a unit right on the lake Bldg G- it was beautiful. It was not dark and deary. There was a nice patio and a barbeque. The unit was very big and comfortable. Our friend is over 6" and over 200 lb and he slept on the Murphy bed. He said it was great and as comfortable as a regular bed.

The grounds were well kept and everything was clean. The pool was crowded with kids for the 3 day holiday but when that was over it was quiet and peaceful. We went wine tasting 2 days. There are some beautiful wineries very close by. Be sure to stop in the front office for your coupons. There were coupons for free wine tasting, discounts on wine. free appetizers or desserts at restaurants. We used them and it gave us a chance to explore new places.

It was a great vacation and I would come back again- and by the way- the lake was beautiful and clear!

Room Tip: Building G or F if it is available
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The negative reviews had me worried, but for no reason. This place was beautifully taken care of. Our room had 3 bedrooms. We had the room that was 2 twin beds with a joiner. It wasn't bad at all actually - made into a king size bed and very comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with plenty of dishes and cups. Good quality cooking pans too. They gave you a few starter packets of different seasonings and coffee which was very nice. They even gave us extra coffee when we ran out of what we bought. You can go down and ask for just about anything - more dishwashing detergent, washer detergent, kleenex, etc. They were very accommodating.
The hot tub fits 24 - so its huge and wonderfully hot! Nice pool and kiddie pool also. It was not that crowded while we were there so we always had our pick of the sun chairs and could move them as we wanted.
They have movies to rent for $3 a night and a pool table in the lobby.
Also we took advantage of the coupons offered in the lobby - The Ceago Winery offers free wine tasting to Worldmark visitors. I highly recommend it. I also did a review of that attraction.
The only irritating thing about our room was that there was no real light in it. No way to read a book at night. So I'd bring a reading light if you like to read at night. We were in Building H #243.
Also, we were washing all our towels and hand towels, but there is no need. Just take them down to the lobby and they will exchange them for clean ones.
We had no issues with hot water - always had plenty.
The dishwasher did not work very well though - we kept coming out with dirty dishes...so basically we ended up hand washing them and just disinfecting them in the dishwasher.
It takes almost 2 hours to get to Napa valley for wine tasting down there.... or an hour and a half to Santa Rosa for the winery's in that area. We rented a 9 person boat for half a day from Disney's and had a wonderful time scooting across the lake.
There isn't much to choose from for eating out nearby - I would recommend cooking in your rooms. Very seedy part of town, which is at odds with the resort. It does not fit into this town at all. The one time we did try to eat out, we walked out of the first 2 places we tried - and wished we had walked out of the 3rd. I did hear there were some decent places to eat closer to Lakeport area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Leandro, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

This was a get away for my spouse and I. We were very happy with our experience in general. There was an issue with noisy guests (stomping, slamming doors etc) mostly children/teens. That was really our mistake as we did not realize it was spring break that week.

Also related to children was that they were allowed by parents to chase the ducks on the lawn, harassing them which apparently was considered OK by the family. I don't think it is OK but they were not my children!

Half the hot tub jets were non functional but it was still nice to sit in!

Room Tip: Because my wife has mobility issues we chose a down stairs room, it was very noisy when guests were...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

Beautiful resort -- one of the nicest I've stayed at through RCI. The lake is gorgeous with a large hottub and pool that have a great view of the surrounding mountains. Our two-bedroom had a gas fireplace and was roomy and comfortable. The main problem is the resort is over an hour north of the northernmost part of Napa (Calistoga), and Sonoma. There is quite a bit of mountain driving to get to the main wine areas. Even so, I might stay at this resort again because it was so nice. If you're driving in from San Fran, just be sure to stop at wineries on the way up. The area is pretty rural, not many restaurants or stores nearby. There is a casino.
The people for the most part were very nice. There was one desk clerk who was somewhat unfriendly.

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the lake
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Burnsville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was apprehensive due to the reviews. When we arrived, I shared what I had read in the reviews. The manager was very responsive and assured me that the room was clean etc. We entered and the room was very clean. The only down side was the size of the "studio". The Murphy bed was small for two people. You couldn't watch TV from it. The service staff were very responsive with items needed and friendly. The desk help new some about the things we wanted to get to, but not overly knowledgeable about what a tourist would want to know, such as many of the restaurants are closed on Sunday. Over all a good experience.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to WorldMark Clear Lake? Share your experiences!