“Fantastic frozen bananas!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic frozen bananas!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

I can't vouch for overly friendly or outgoing service at this establishment, but I am always willing to drive out of my way to pick up one of their frozen bananas. I normally order the largest size, which they double dip in chocolate. I opt for Heath bar as the topping, which is heaped on. They have other treats as well, such as Balboa Bars, but the bananas are a must.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

MARKHAM
“Ice cream good - people bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The ice cream was quite good. The problem occured when a drop of the ice cream fell on my shirt. I asked the server for a wet napkin or some water in a glass. While the tap was within easy reach, and the stand not busy at the time, "Taylor" refused, offering instead to SELL me bottled water. Ultimately, I had to go to the nearest public washroom 2 blocks away to get rid of the stain. I am sure that there was more considerate service in 1945 when Sugar 'n Spice was founded, but the indifferent and callous behavior of the staff today position Sugar 'n Spice quite low on the "want to visit" list. On the other hand, the ice cream is quite good, and new personnel, more customer oriented, may be beneficial.

• Visited August 2011