“very close to beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6208 West Pacific Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Bakersfield, California
“very close to beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Alexandra made the check in an awesome experience she was informative, fast and very patient,( the person in front of us was getting on my nerves for her yet she was calm and patient with him) the room is very nice the distance to the beach is awesome, going at night with the chairs and towels from the hotel was a bonus. good breakfast, clean hotel, and quiet all things i value in a hotel. then comes the the morning we had purchased a groupon deal that included two bike rentals for an hour, upon the front desk ( I think Kristen a brunette) was very rude to the customer in front of us then with us she was okay told us the bikes would be back in a few hours. so we left our number and headed to the beach, an hour later she calls to tell us to that the bikes wont be back at all today.. ( she let them keep the bikes longer) I MEAN IF YOUR GOING TO OFFER FREE BIKE RENTALS THEN HAVE THE BIKES.. so i had to call groupon for a refund because of course there is nothing this girl can do

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
North County San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This will be our 2nd trip to this Best Western and we are vowing to return again next year, hopefully sooner! The Staff is outstanding their service is great. They CAN DO almost anything you ask or will die trying. My daughter asks to stay FOREVER. This Inn is located directly across the street from the cleanest beach you could ever ask for. White sands, clean water and life guards at the ready. It is a mile from some of the greatest restaurants and Newport attractions. Catch the ferry to Catalina Island, go play at the Fun Zone, walk Balboa Island or shop Fashion Island. Visit Sherman Library, Rodger's Garden or just lounge at the clean pool. You can't go wrong. They have beach chairs and towels, you can rent a bike as well. We can't say enough. Next year they tell me the hotel is getting an renovation so some of the comments here about being out dated should improve. I say it doesn't matter as I find it clean... hey it's a beach hotel, a little sand adds character. Oh and the breakfast is very satisfying and saves me from having to go out and spend $30.00 elsewhere. My other half says "if you are where you want to be, when you want to be there life is wonderful" this Inn makes that happen for us.

Room Tip: Ask for street side 2nd or 3rd floor you can get an ocean view higher up.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I have stayed here twice: great price for a beach hotel. As a business traveler, this fit my corporate budget and got me away from boring suburban hotels. The staff is wonderful, and they give you beach chairs and towels. The rooms are nice. Nearby restaurant Eat Chow is AHMAZING.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Anthem, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The front office staff was spectacular! The breakfast was fantastic with Belgian waffles and breakfast croissants! The beds were comfy! The rooms were big with a nice bathroom! Loved how close to beach this hotel was! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I feel compelled to write my first review after many years of traveling because I had a very positive experience with this hotel. I booked and prepaid through Orbitz and when checking in, it turns out I had made the reservation for only two adults and one bed, even though I was traveling with my family of five. After speaking with the manager, she was able to get us a different room for that night and helped me cancel the second night (because I had prepaid, I had to contact Orbitz, who in turn contacted her, and it was fixed within ten minutes.) She went out of her way to fix the problem which really was my mistake.

Regarding the hotel, the lower level facing the street and beach is probably the most convenient location. The hotel is older but the rooms are new; nothing spectacular but clean and comfortable. The location is just outside the heart of Newport Beach, but it has easy beach access and there's even a small playground a block away for anyone with younger children.

I gave this hotel five stars based on the way the manager handled my issue, but also on the value for the hotel. Of course there are better hotels in Newport Beach but after factoring in the price, along with the clean rooms and location, I highly recommend this hotel.

ridgecrest, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

close to the beach, and free breakfast waffles were yummy, staff goes out of there way to be of service to you very friendly. if your planning on going to beach alot get rooms 101-104 they are closest to the street and convienient if you have to travel back and fourth to get items for you family :) rooms were a little out dated but decent and a bottle opener in the bathroom .... AWSOME, pillows were very uncomfortable and stiff but beds were good, pretty clean!

Erda, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

This place makes our vacation perfect. We love going to this hotel, beach, and the overall experience. The check in girls are all so sweet and willing to help. My family and I love this home away from home.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn? Share your experiences!