“Don't pay extra for the "partial ocean" view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6208 West Pacific Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #14 of 17 hotels in Newport Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Don't pay extra for the "partial ocean" view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Close proximity to the beach but it's across a multi lane very busy highway. We paid for a "partial ocean view" but couldn't really see anything from our room except the road that goes to the beach (about 2 blocks away). It was an easy walk to a very nice stretch of beach which we enjoyed quite a bit. The room itself was fine - clean and well kept. The staff was very nice. The parking was crowded and I was surprised to be charged for parking when that wasn't part of the deal but at $7 per night, decided not to make a fuss about it. A bonus was a very nice Italian/spaghetti house on the same block with excellent food and wine!

Room Tip: Be aware that one side of the hotel (west side) is on a very busy street with heavy and noisy traffi...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Angelica R, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear oceanlover5343,
Thank you for taking a moment to comment about your recent stay. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the disappointment of not having a full ocean view. Some of our views will be better than others depending on the location of the room but it is always a partial ocean view. Our guests that stay on a balcony room versus a standard room do enjoy a larger room, Tempur-Pedic Beds, upgraded Bath & Body Works bathroom amenities among other upgrades. Next time you are in town, let me personally block the best room for you. You may reach me at 949.642.8252 EXT 171. Thank you!
Regards,
Angélica Rivera

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
destin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

When you check in it is a fight for a parking spot- then the hotel charges you for parking but they don't mention it- it just shows up on your bill. Do not let them put you in the 100's on the ground floor PHC side- soooo noisy- doors do not seal and windows are crap. Rooms were clean enough. Good inroom coffee. TV is hard to figure out and internet is slow but at least they have free wifi and expanded cable... ok boring breakfast. Nice pool and really great location. They will bargain on the price at the counter if you ask so really as cheep as I got the room- I got a what I paid for.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arthur A, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Stephanie S.
Thank you very much for your candid remarks regarding your stay. On behalf of our team, I do apologize that your expectations were not exceeded. I do want to let you that we make every effort to satisfy our guests regardless of what they pay. I have forward your remarks to the various departments so we could take the necessary steps to enhance the guests experience. I do hope you will consider us again in the future.
Kind Regards,
Arthur A Adolphson
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My brother and I decided to come to Newport Beach and spend some quality time together. I arrived Monday night, and he arrived Tuesday at noon. I checked in just fine, and was told that I needed a parking pass on my vehicle, in order to use the hotel's parking lot. When my brother arrived and checked in, he was not told about the required parking pass. 24 hours later, his car was towed from the hotel parking lot. We reported it to the hotel management, and they refused to take responsibility for this incident, despite the fact that they never told him that needed a pass. So we spent $400 on our hotel, plus another $300 to get our car out of the tow-yard, plus 2 1/2 hours of our evening waiting for the tow-yard to give us our car back. We reported all of this to the hotel management, and they seemed absolutely unsympathetic about the incident. They honestly didn't even care! It was amazing. Hotels with this type of attitude should not stay in business, and I would hope that other travelers will heed our warning, and steer clear of this place!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Arthur A, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear ajcastro;
Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the issue you experienced. I could see how upsetting this would be if it happen to me. In regards the details, we do expect our Guest Service team to disclose information such as parking and smoking to every guest. Also, we only allow one car per room. I want to convey that each guest is responsible to ensure that their pass is displayed. I will go and forward your comments so we could implement steps to ensure that this won't happen again. I do appreciate for you taking the time to review your recent stay. I hope you will give us another chance when your travels bring you back to Newport Beach.
Arthur A Adolphson
FD Manager
Best Western Plus Newport Beach inn
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed 2 nights here out of a week touring southern California. I wanted to give 1 more star to this hotel, however we did not have a nice experience right off the bat with the young lady at check in. She charged us $7 a night for parking (contrarily to "free parking" advertised on the website where we booked). Furthermore she had challenged me to prove where I saw the "free parking" and after more than 5 minutes that I was fiddling with my smartphone (poor reception in the lobby with 90 degrees and with no A/C ...) she offered to let me see her computer and the site didn't mention the complimentary parking. I felt annoyed and frustrated by then, just sucked it up and not waste anymore of my vacation time to search the website and state my case.
Our room was clean, bed was comfortable, pillows on the harder side, I did not notice anything out of order, good size bathroom. A/C worked fine, not that noisy. The continental breakfast was adequate whit fresh fruit (bananas, apples) hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, J. Deans microwave breakfast croissants and the waffles were made on the spot by a very nice and polite lady who greeted you with a smile every time.
Can't beat the location, just right across the street, good value for Newport Beach.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arthur A, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear car1gil;
Thank you very much for your recent review. I was very glad you like the location of the hotel. Many guests like you do chose because of the vicinity to the beach. I was not happy to hear about the check in issue. We do charge $7 a day to park, but the Front Desk Agent should have handled it better. I have forward the comments to the Front Desk Staff and they aware that all guests must greeted and address any issue professionally. I do hope you would consider another chance to earn your business.
FD Manager
Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn
Redlands, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

You are only paying for location and nothing else. The price is extremely high for average service, moldy rooms, pillows hard as ROCKS (my neck hurt all night long/next day). The air conditioning was difficult to operate and we slept in a hot, muggy room all night long.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alexru101
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was disappointed to hear we did not exceed your expectations. I have forward your concerns to our housekeeping and maintenance departments so we could address the cleanliness and AC issues. Also, the same comments our going to front desk team so we could learn what we are doing wrong so we could provide the best guest service. I hope to see you again on a future visit.
Arthur A. Adolphson
Belmont, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The air conditioning in the first room we were given was so loud that we could not sleep. We asked to be moved. The front desk clerk showed me to a room that was unacceptable and said it was the only other choice I had. After I pushed, she magically found another that was acceptable. Further, it was very difficult to get the contact information of a manager that I could talk to.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arthur A, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Terry TS
Thank you very much for your candid remarks regarding your recent stay. On behalf of our hotel team I apologize that your expectations were not met. I understand the importance of comfort to a guest. The person you are referring too is very new here and is not quite familiar with our hotel as of yet. I will also froward your remarks about getting in contact with a manager to the front desk. When a guest request to speak to a manger, we do request that they either contact us either by email or phone with all then necessary facts. We do hpoe you will consider staying with us. Thank You
Best Regards
Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Can't beat the location. The front desk offers boogie boards, beach chairs, umbrellas, and beach toys complimentary, first come first serve which was nice. The complimentary breakfast was nice too. Fruits, cereal, waffles, etc. there was an additional charge of $7 per night for parking. And we rented bikes from the hotel too. Loved the basket and locks on the bikes which allowed us to do a lot. Several restaurants in walking distance. We had a beach facing room but traffic was loud when the door was open. Over all great experience. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Karen F;
Many thanks for your kind and candid remarks regarding your recent stay. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and loved the location. We look forwar seeing you next time when your safe troubles bring you back to Newport Beach.
Best western Plus Newport Beach Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn? Share your experiences!