“Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6208 West Pacific Coast Highway, Newport Beach, CA 92663   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and had a good time. The hotel is across the street from the beach and the staff was somewhat friendly. However, the rooms are very small and the hotel was noisy. Everytime someone in our hallway closed their door it made our door rattle loudly and we could here every step the people above us made which was aggrivating when you are trying to go to sleep and they are still awake. The do charge $7 per day for parking and the parking spaces are TINY!! If you have a large suv or truck good luck!! If we went again I would try to stay a little further south in Laguna Beach,

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Arthur A, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Barcarnine
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. On behalf of the hotel, we do apologize for not exceeding your expectations. In regards to the noise issue, we do require all guests who checked in to sign a no party/no disturbance policy. If we receive a complaint, we will give a warning and will evict if a guest continues to create a disturbance. In regards to the parking, our $7.00 fee is the lowest in our area. Also, we do have two parking lots with stalls that fit compact and large cars. We do appreciate your patronage and hope to see you on your next visit to our beachfront location.
Arthur A. Adolphson
Best Western Plus Newport Beach Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We've stayed at this location previously so already knew the parking was not great; however, location to Balboa Island and beach is great. I was a little upset that desk clerk did NOT inform us that there was a daily parking fee & this was not noted in our reservation. Rooms have been nicely updated since our last visit 2 years ago. Breakfast was not very appetizing and carpeting definitely needs cleaning!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arthur A, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. On behalf of our team, I do apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We will review your concerns and implement solutions that will make things better for our guest. We hope you will consider us again in the future.
Clovis, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Though this hotel is close to Newport Beach, stay somewhere else...try Huntington. The staff is very helpful, but the conditions of the hotel were unacceptable. Had to change rooms because of the noise of the air conditioning unit. Rooms were dusty. The staff does not know how to clean on top of dressers and definitely do not look under the bed or behind the night stand. Rooms are nothing like they picture. Was highly disappointed in the King rooms. Also, the bed cover was full of holes. We asked for an extra blanket, they had none, and gave us two sheets! Carpets in the hall and stairs are stained. This hotel needs a full redo, and needs to loose its Best Western licence, and AAA should remove them from Approved status.

Room Tip: tip to choose a good room....go to another hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been traveling to Costa Mesa for business every month since September 2012, each trip is for 2-3 nights, and would need to continue for the remainder of 2013. I have been staying at a different Best Western Plus in the area but I booked too late and it was sold out. There is a huge difference between both hotels. This was my first time staying at this hotel. They recently changed it from a regular Best Western to a Plus. While checking in, the front desk stated there were a number of rooms available on each floor and if I had a preference. I mentioned to him everything above and knowing I'm a Platinum member, you figure he would had given me the best room available. If this was it, then I really down graded to what I have been used to.

The good:
*Location - beach near, at least four good restaurants, and liquor store. All short walks.
*Room was very clean.
*Mini refrigerator.
*Bathroom toiletries were Bath and Body Works.
*Bathroom - decor, clean, good size.
*Breakfast - area clean, decent selection, attendant was very nice.

The bad:
*Parking lot is terrible, super small spaces and if you have a big vehicle expect more dings. The main lot has about 20 spaces, there is another lot with not much more spaces, it's across a ways and not secure. Then charge $5 a night for parking?
*Room 402 is very small with over sized furniture.
*One window screen is missing and the other screen is damaged.
*The remote has no channel guide.
*The air conditioner is loud, doesn't cool and doesn't automatically turn on and off. You can't even hear the TV or talk on the phone when it's on.
*No room safe.
*One ice machine for the entire hotel and it was on the first floor. The hotel has four floors.
*Doesn't seem like that they pump air in the hallways so it will get humid at night (during the day they have the windows open, closed at night because of the highway noise). Because of this there is a smell to the hotel.
*The mattress was super hard and very uncomfortable.
*In the mornings it will take a while for the hot water.
*Wireless network is slow, couldn't get FaceTime going right and I tried two different devices both nights. This is a big issue for me since I'm away from the family and I have two little ones. Only wireless is offered.

The strength of the hotel is the location and the biggest weakness is parking. What didn't make sense was to charge for parking? I travel a lot for business and pleasure, this was the first Best Western Plus I visited that charged for parking.

There are things in their control that they can fix and should:
1: Don't charge for parking.
2: Change the AC Units.
3: Make sure windows have screens.
4: Add at least another ice machine (3rd floor)
5: Replace the mattresses.
6: Replace the TV remotes with one that has a guide.
7: Change the Internet provider or find a way to increase the speed.

Long term they need to address the parking issue. Both nights I was there the main lot was full by 7pm.

There is a lot to see in the area than just the beach and to worry about having a parking space when returning to the hotel alone is not worth staying here. The area of the beach by the hotel is only good for surfers, tanning, or just walking. The beach playground and pier are a few miles away, too far to walk.

I will post some pictures including the main parking lot...

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Arthur A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
I have been going over your review and on behalf of the hotel team, I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. With two parking lots, we have the space. I understand your concern about leaving is in the second lot. Our lot is very safe and we have never had an incident. In comparison to other hotels in the area, they are charging $20 to $28 for parking. I realize there are some things we need to address and I will forward the comments to the appropriate departments. Once again, we do appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Free beach supplies. Bike rentals. Excellent service and staff. One block from beach. This was a wonderful stay on a beautiful beach. The only thing I would change would be the cold. Lol wait til after may

• Stayed May 2013
Arthur A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hi,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. Hearing your likes and dislikes will help us create the best experience for all of our guests. We look forward toward your next visit.
BW Plus Newport Beach Inn
TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great location. Walk across the street to the beach. Excellent restaurant right down the street. Property is small, but newly renovated. King room a little tight, but had all we need. Had a few problems, but they were corrected without too much trouble. Would recommend if you're in the area...value comensurate with property.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Arthur A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi,
I want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I was very glad to hear you enjoyed staying here. Our location is very great and many guest like yourself. We look forward to seeing on your next visit.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Everything was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant next door named "CHOW" was very good. The breakfast served at the hotel was very good. The lady that made the waffles did a great job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are very glad to hear the great remarks about our hotel. It shows what we are doing is working for us and making guest like you very happy. We look forward toward your next visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Beach Inn? Share your experiences!