Be prepared that if you do not pay full price or do not stay in the more expensive rooms you will be treated like a second class citizen. Arrived late on Friday July 12, 2013 after a long and delayed flight for a business meeting. Really needed a good night's sleep for a business meeting in the morning. When I checked in I told the hotel clerk repeatedly that I needed a quiet room but was told in no uncertain terms that the hotel was "sold out" and the only room available was right over the entrance where of course there was a lot of noise. I pressed again and after much effort they were able to find me a room that looked over a brightly lit parking lot that stays lit all night long. I asked to see the manager who was this incredibly rude and arrogant person who after reviewing the computer sarcastically told me that in "my price category" there was nothing else and sorry if I did not get a good night's sleep. Having no other choice I chose the parking lot room. In a nice display of being placed into a "steerage" room I found old hair in the sink and no one to pick up when I asked for a wake up call. And of course there were no curtains in the room but wooden blinds that did not close all the way. The best part - in the morning I found an additional $21 "hospitality" charge.
I am expecting the usual response from the company that Balboa hires to answer these complaints with the standard "We are so sorry for your experience. We pride ourselves on providing first class service to everyone and we deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that your experience will be reviewed and we will continue to diligently improve our guest serves." Please don't bother.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience life and style that’s perfectly balanced at the Balboa Bay Resort. A boutique ambiance combined with plush accommodations, sophisticated and personalized service, gourmet dining and unparallel location close to scenic beaches, nearby world-class shopping, restaurants and award winning designed golf courses make it the perfect destination for those seeking the quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience. Whether you’re planning a romantic weekend getaway, a large-scale business function, or the wedding of your dreams, the Balboa Bay Resort offers unparalleled services and amenities to suit a variety of needs. Located on 15 waterfront acres in the heart of Newport Beach, halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the four-diamond property sprawls along the bay like a meandering Mediterranean villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Priceline so you can book your Balboa Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Club