Just came back from a week at Balboa Bay Club...loved it!
This is a luxury high end hotel with impecable quality and service. Our room was overlooking the bay and the sight was totally worth it. The club side of the resort grants complimentary access to the pool, fitness and spa. The units are tastefully furnished with oversized bathrooms (double vanity, amazignly comfortable tub, separate shower). Everyone from the staff is polite, knowledgeable and very helpful.
If you haven't been at Newport Beach before, here are some tips on what to do while staying at Balboa:
- you need a rental car to tour around
- Newport Beach is a charming city with activities on both Balboa Pier and Newport Pier
- Fashion Island is a mall nearby
- Laguna Beach is a must see - 15 min drive south
- LA is 50min north (visit Hermosa, Redondo Beach and Santa Monica on the way up)
- Hollywood sightseeing (recommend starlite tours located in Kodak Theatre building)
- Universal Studio
Dining at Newport Beach is an easy business - you can't go wrong. We loved Harborside Restaurant on Balboa Pier and ended up dining twice there. Balboa Bay Club itself is the home of Duke's Place and First Cabin restaurants, so both great choices.
Flying in is easier to SNA ( John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana - 10 min away and so much more convenient than LAX)
Happy travels and I hope you'll enjoy Balboa Bay Club as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience life and style that’s perfectly balanced at the Balboa Bay Resort. A boutique ambiance combined with plush accommodations, sophisticated and personalized service, gourmet dining and unparallel location close to scenic beaches, nearby world-class shopping, restaurants and award winning designed golf courses make it the perfect destination for those seeking the quintessential Southern California lifestyle experience. Whether you’re planning a romantic weekend getaway, a large-scale business function, or the wedding of your dreams, the Balboa Bay Resort offers unparalleled services and amenities to suit a variety of needs. Located on 15 waterfront acres in the heart of Newport Beach, halfway between Los Angeles and San Diego, the four-diamond property sprawls along the bay like a meandering Mediterranean villa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Balboa Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Balboa Bay Club Hotel Newport Beach
- The Balboa Bay Club And Resort
- The Balboa Bay Hotel
- The Balboa Bay Resort
- Balboa Bay Club