“Great Suite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Great Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

i enoyed very much the suite room at the hotel. Very clean ,comfortable and great attention to detalis. Loved the view and peaceful atmosphere. The hotel location is great for shopping and to walk to great restaurants and movie theater.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
Houston TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Beautiful hotel, great service.
When I arrived I was given a room on the third or fourth floor that looked out over the parking garage roof. I immediately called The front desk and they immediately sent someone up with the key to a room on the eighth floor. Great service! Also every time I needed a cab or had a question the front desk was perfect.
If you like beautiful cars...just hang out in front with the valet. Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lamborghini one after another!

Room Tip: Ask for a good view.
Wylie, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I did many hours of research and decided to stay at the Island Hotel for 4 days. The hotel is beautiful however; it's slowly began to show it's true "colors". Thought the hotel is beautiful, it is out of touch of our modernistic times that it became greatly inconvenience and a mistake in staying here. 1 - I booked through Expedia, (Expedia fixed this after I complained) there is NO public parking or self-parking ONLY valet parking at $32 a stay over or $16 per day. These fees were not indicated while I booked, it was actually misleading, Expedia pointed blamed to the hotel, need less to say, I got nowhere with the hotel or Expedia. 2 - There is NO Internet in the rooms unless you pay $12.95 for 12hr use and WIFI is another $12.95 for a 12hr use. 3 - There are NO vending machines for any beverage including water. You would have to drink tap or spend $8 for a bottle in the mini bar. 4 - The bed was so old, it was indented on one side as if an elephant slept on it and yes I complained to the hotel and they just said, " we’re sorry". 5 – I spoke to a officer driving by, I asked if it was ok to park on the street overnight, the officer stated yes. The hotel and valet disagreed and will try to make you feel that you’re taking a great gamble parking on the street. I did so for the last two nights and all were fine till I checked out. Supposedly they can only charge parking when the valet logs you in & out but, I was charged 4 nights overnight parking. The front desk employee made me feel like I was lying and I had to get a little abrasion with him, that I should not be charged, he eventually said “we’ll waive this one time”, I then got real upset and had him prove to me I used all 4 nights, he couldn’t and then admitted to their mistake. So, yes it’s a beautiful hotel in a very nice location however, Be Ware of ALL Charges and facts before booking. If all this doesn’t matter to you, your going to love this hotel!

Room Tip: Make sure to inquire of required parking fees Make sure to inquire of required parking fees
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
TheIslandHotelNB, General Manager at Island Hotel Newport Beach, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Foremost, please accept my most sincere apology for the response you received from our front office agent upon departure; this is unacceptable and an exception to the rule especially as we have just obtained our 5-diamond status for the 21st consecutive year. You have my commitment that it will be addressed immediately!

For your future stays, please note we have several packages that include complimentary parking, breakfast and more. You can locate these on our website islandhotel.com.

In Newport Beach, parking is a premium and valet charges are not unusual. I am sorry that these charges were not clear on the expedia website. I will address this with the marketing manager from expedia to ensure it is more prominent during the booking process. Clearly you did not see the signs in front of the hotel that communicate our pricing structure. I do view feedback as a gift and perhaps the parking prices need to be displayed differently, Thank you.

To address your other feedback, we do offer complimentary wifi in our public spaces. In the privacy of your guestroom the packages are tiered offering larger bandwidth to supply our business and leisure customers the needs and protection required in today's technology driven world. Regarding the mattress, this is not a concern we ever hear, please again accept an apology as this too is far beneath what you and I expect from a 5-diamond hotel; the mattress is being replaced today!

Our team looks forward to welcoming you back to Island Hotel Newport Beach again and again. I personally look forward to connecting with you so I can learn of these specifics ensuring an urgent recovery for you and all future guests.

Donald Stamets
949-760-4950
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am not the greatest lover of Newport Beach but this hotel is central to anything there is to do and see in this town. The posh mall, restaurants, offices of major corporations, the beach, art museum and anything else. My room was beautiful and they provided free coffee in the lobby in the morning. The gym and the pool are great and the restaurant is very good with above average food and presenatation and excellent staff. If I am in the area again, I won't hesitate to stay here again. p.s. there is some construction next door right now so ask to be near a section of the hotel where you are less exposed if you are looking to sleep in.

Room Tip: a room facing the pool is nice.
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was so pleased with this hotel on my wedding day. I was able to check into my suite at 9am with my bridal party, makeup artist, and hair stylist even though our check-in was not guaranteed until 3pm. The manger sent up a bottle of Champagne and cookies as the girls and I got ready. We took our wedding photos at the hotel anywhere and every where, this was the reason we chose this hotel for our special day. The bar was great for the wedding party to hang out as my husband and I took our photos. The suite w/ one bathroom was large enough for 10 people. Although we did not get married here we would highly recommend this hotel for your wedding day.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Island Hotel is located in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I may be a bit bias as Newport Beach is home, but it really is a wonderful place. This is more of a business hotel than a resort location. ideal if you need to stay in or near Fashion Island and the nearby offices. Everything about the hotel is exceptional. Great room service, responsive and polite valets, helpful front desk and very nice rooms.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side of the hotel facing the main entrance (even number rooms looking north...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I was there for two nights, it was a 5 star experience. Close to restaurants, the mall, excellent location. This hotel was a Four seasons and converted to an independent hotel. Feels just like a Four Seasons, everything was perfect, from check in to check out. Don't miss this hotel if you are ever in Newport Beach CA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Island Hotel Newport Beach? Share your experiences!