“You Can’t Put A Bowl Of Good Gumbo Down” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Hamburgers, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
San Anselmo, California
“You Can’t Put A Bowl Of Good Gumbo Down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Always reliable Cajun seafood restaurant. Though we don’t live in the area, we’ve been in 4X over the past 11-12 years. Most recently the Pacific Coast Highway location in Newport Beach.

Terrific jambalaya and gumbo. Also nice were the hot crab dip, caesar salad, Jacksauce and bread, Voodoo chicken bowl, and the signature Jackshrimp entrée.

Very fair portions. Quite reasonably priced.

And, other diners who were having seafood entrees were into their dinners with gusto. A good date spot for young couples.

Still, you don't go to Jackshrimp for the atmosphere. You go for the food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Decent food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was hoping for better food, Just average food in a cramped dining area. Located on Coast Higway it is not difficult to find.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Orange, California
“A little pricey but decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I took two friends here last Saturday and was excited to try their food. I had the creole pasta. It was good, service was okay and the atmosphere on the funky side. It was not remarkable in any sense. I'd be more excited to get some real cajun food at half the price. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here. The pasta without anything else was $18. A little pricey.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Polson, Montana
“Good Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Went to Jack Shrimp with my Wife and Mother-in-Law (MIL). I had a Po-boy that was a good solid sandwich. My wife had the Jack Shrimp in savory spicy sauce....very spicy and good. My MIL ordered the Jack Shrimp with boneless chicken and spicy sauce. For her this dish was too hot. Mom is 88 and not used to very spicy dishes. To the restaurant's credit, they changed her selection with no questions asked, just good service. Her selection was exchanged for Chicken Jardin that comes without the three alarm sauce. She was very happy with the exchange.

This was our second trip and we will definitely return for more great Louisiana style shrimp.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whittier, California
“Progreso soup vs. voodoo chicken &pasta”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I read the reviews and have driven by and always wanted to go here.
Wow! Was I seriously unimpressed! The first bite I gave my boyfriend and he was wondering if he was eating a $2 can of progreso soup from target. I added shrimp for $4 and that's the only thing I liked in the dish at all. My 4 shrimp. The chicken was tasteless! I couldnt even get the noodle on the fork. The jack shrimp was nothing to write home about. Marginal at best. I got jack at Jack Shrimp!
We will not be back!