Just finished a multi-night business stay at the Fairmont. My third stay in the last few years.
Here is a rundown of the good and the bad
* The hotel and the room were very clean
* Check in was fast, friendly and efficient
* The staff was generally friendly in all areas
* Food at the downstairs restaurant was OK
* Rates are reasonable
* The king bed room was reasonably small and cramped
* No self parking. Strange given that the entire area is essentially one huge parking lot.
* The hotel shop was very expensive. $20 for a travel size toothpaste and deodorant? Even the Four Seasons does not charge this much
* Room had some noticeable wear and tear and missing items (ie no remote control, etc)
Overall, just a very bland and non-memorable experience. I would stay elsewhere in Newport Beach if I can during my next journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairmont Newport Beach hotel in Southern California radiates a dramatic feel from both an architectural and design standpoint. Each and every aspect is designed to surround you in total 'O.C.' Luxury. To complete the luxury hotel experience, the Fairmont Newport Beach hotel is thrilled to also offer its full-service urban Spa, TheSpa Sante. With more than 8,000 square feet of space, the Spa features eight decadent spa treatment rooms offering the finest in spa services and using only the finest in products and techniques. Prepare to be pampered like never before! Fairmont Newport Beach hotel welcomes you to the charm and allure of Southern California with its sun-drenched beaches, world-class shopping, and exciting nightlife! Fairmont Newport Beach hotel offers 440 luxury guest rooms, including 54 exquisite suites, most feature over-sized soaking tubs. Fairmont Newport Beach is also gaining favor as one of the most ideal locations for weddings. Of all the special moments of your life, there are very few that approach the importance of your wedding day. Having your wedding with us in beautiful Newport Beach means it will be filled with the class and elegance you've always dreamed of. All guests receive daily courtesy shuttle service to and from John Wayne Airport, Fashion Island, South Coast Plaza, The District and Balboa Island. For rental car information, please contact on-site Hertz Rent-a-Car. Fairmont Newport Beach offers wireless Internet access available in all of our meeting rooms, as well wireless high-speed Internet access in each guestroom. Year-round, guests can enjoy relaxing at the hotel's Palms Pool and Cabanas. The re-designed self-serviced Business Center accommodates the needs of its corporate guests. To best enjoy our Newport Beach, California hotel's amenities and the riches of Orange County, consider one of our many appealing packages available and maximize your visit to the OC. Complimentary "Green" Parking: Overnight guests who drive hybrid vehicles can enjoy free parking at the Fairmont Newport Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Splendia, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Fairmont Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Newport Beach Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Fairmont