“Great Room for the Price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save!!
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Peoria
“Great Room for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The room was very clean, and I am very particular on cleanliness. We had room 227 and it was very quiet and looked out over a little park. The motel is old but updates had been made. Only one block from the beach and plenty of restaurants within walking distance. This is a great bargain and sure to please families that want to spend time at the beach as they furnish towels, chairs, umbrellas and body boards. I would highly recommend for an affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: Far end of hotel is away from the street noise. Room 227 was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Fountain Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Perfect little hotel if you just want to stay at the beach in Newport without spending a ton of money. The hotel lets you borrow beach towels, beach chairs and body boards. A walk across the street and you are at the beach. Rooms are clean and updated. Ours had a microwave and a refrigerator. The hotel is located on busy PCH, so bring earplugs if you need them to sleep.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

During one of my work trips to the west coast, I had a chance to partake in a little beach time on the weekend. My friend and I decided to head down to Newport Beach to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown LA. My friend found the Newport Channel Inn for the night we stayed. It’s located about a quick 5-minute walk from the beach and was a great deal at $159 a night (Note: This was the AAA rate, it would have been $169 otherwise. Prices do vary as well depending on the weekend).

For a little motel on the side of the road, this little inn is a great value and a very good option if you’re staying in the area. As I mentioned before the walk to the beach is 5 minutes, and you’re a 15 minute drive or less to the mall, Crystal Cove State Park, and plenty of restaurants.

Not only is the place in a good location, the staff there is very friendly (I’m pretty sure it’s family run). The inn offers beach towels, chairs, and boogie boards for the guests and the staff are more than willing to help with any needs you may have. For example, I lost my cell phone charger and went to the front to see if there was a Radio Shack nearby. There was one which the staff member told me about, but before I went, he went to the back and came back with a box of chargers and said that I could have any one of them if they fit (A LOT of people leave behind their chargers apparently).

The one knock I have on the place is that the A/C (at least in the room that we stayed in) points right at the bed which is a tad uncomfortable. So you’re either super hot, or have a cold blast in your face. Regardless, I still recommend this place as a good value stay if you’re at Newport Beach. It’s nothing special, but the location and staff make it worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Henderson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Me my wife and 3 year old son stayed for 3 nights last weekend and had a great time. It was my first time in Newport and the guy working when we got there I think his name was glen, this guy was the nicest person I've ever had the pleasure to meet. He was so helpful it was unreal. I mainly delt with him but the little time I had with the other staff was great as well. He new the area very well and helped us with dinner choices and directions. They had towels and toys for the beach all free. Also there was a very nice playground directly behind the motel. And there's a river or sorta behind also that had tons of crabs which my son loved. The beach is a really short walk and it's an awesome beach area not busy at all. The only negative thing I would say is the floors were a bit squeaky we were on the 2nd floor and my son does a lot of running around so I kinda felt bad for the people below, not sure if it bothered them or not. Anyway we really liked this place and will stay again. Thanks for being so nice.

• Stayed June 2014
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had a great experience staying here. The location is fantastic, about a 4 minute walk to the beach. The hotel itself is a bit old but nicely maintained for a place that gets a lot of salt air and - I imagine - stays pretty well booked throughout the year.

The staff were fantastic. They seem to love what they do and are speedy when processing check-in paperwork. I had to change my reservation to slice a day off the end and found them to be very accommodating, even though I suspect it might have resulted in a room empty that last night that wouldn't have otherwise been empty. That's such a nice difference from the big chain hotels and that's what prompted me to share my happy thoughts about this hotel.

It's not the fanciest place, but it is clean and reasonably up-to-date. I would recommend it to anybody staying in the Newport beach area looking for a good value.

Stay here. I doubt you'll regret it.

Room Tip: The top floor is probably the place to be because it's an older building and I imagine it may ge...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I planned a visit to this area for myself and my husband, our 5-year-old grandson, and my sister. I had never been to the area, so I relied heavily on Tripadvisor reviews when making my plans. Based on reviews, I selected this hotel for its beach access and relatively low cost. I found the hotel to be clean and comfy, (though certainly very basic) and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The beach chairs, boogie boards, beach toys and beach towels available at the front desk were a big plus! It was just a short walk to the beach. The afternoon we arrived, we scurried down to the beach right away and were thrilled by the sight of a pristine beach, lots of surfers, and dozens of dolphins playing in the surf! My grandson had never experienced ocean swimming before, and he fell in love with the experience right away. There is a great little playground right behind the hotel, which was perfect for a 5-year-old. We ate at an Italian restaurant just a couple of doors down, Spaghetti Bender, that was very good. The one negative comment I have to share is that the air conditioning unit in our room blew disproportionately on one of the two beds in the room, which meant that either my sister, or my husband and myself had to live with being either a little cooler or a little warmer than we would have liked at night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Indio, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We've been staying at The Newport Channel Inn for over 15yrs and have never been disappointed. It's always clean and the owners are friendly and helpful. Every year they add or do something new to improve the place. They provide nice beach chairs, bogey boards and beach towels , just one less thing to pack. This year we stayed in their new wheelchair accessible room the shower & bathroom are to die for. They have a nice size deck to watch the sunset. Can't say enough nice things about this place recommend it to everyone I know, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: rm #227 is in the rear with a window look out over a cute little park with great ventilation
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Newport Channel Inn? Share your experiences!