We stayed in this hotel for our staycation. No regrets.
It is a bit pricey for a budget traveler. But service and location justifies the cost.
It is right across from the mall named Fashion Island where there is a theater, a bunch of good quality stores, and a variety of dining choices.
It is very close to the Balboa Peninsula where you can find quaint island themed stores and restaurants. Very difficult to find parking though ( in Balboa Peninsula), so we didn't get to stroll, just drove around.
It is a short distance from the beautiful Laguna Beach, an artsy eclectic laid back town.
Service at the hotel is wonderful. Everyone greets you with a smile. They have nice water containers through out the property where you can help yourself to cold lemon water. Nice touch.
Public areas are clean and beautifully decorated. Pool has a shallow and deep part, up to 8 feet. I just thought I'd mention that since I'd been to very few hotels which offer a deep pool. There is a bar poolside, but not always open. I ended up ordering my maitai from the server the restaurant sent over and ended up paying a 20% room service fee to the already overpriced cocktail. I paid a whopping $15.00 total. But what the heck, I was on vacation after all.
I mentioned the restaurant so I'm going to say something about it. It is called Sam and Harry's. Overpriced for underseasoned food.
Rooms are spacious, clean, nicely decorated and I believe all have a wonderful view. Bed is comfortable. (Though I had a bed from a previous stay where the down feathers were poking me.) Great water pressure in the shower. I just loved showering there, I was thouroughly drenched.
Parking will cost you $28.00 a night for valet and $21.00 for self. I have to mention the parking attendant, I never met a friendlier and happier parking attendant ever.
Hotel has a spa. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience it. Again, I thought it was expensive. Next time I will when I skip Sam and Harry's.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would consider returning.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Marriott, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, BookIt.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Marriott Newport Beach