We stayed in this hotel for our staycation. No regrets.
It is a bit pricey for a budget traveler. But service and location justifies the cost.
It is right across from the mall named Fashion Island where there is a theater, a bunch of good quality stores, and a variety of dining choices.
It is very close to the Balboa Peninsula where you can find quaint island themed stores and restaurants. Very difficult to find parking though ( in Balboa Peninsula), so we didn't get to stroll, just drove around.
It is a short distance from the beautiful Laguna Beach, an artsy eclectic laid back town.
Service at the hotel is wonderful. Everyone greets you with a smile. They have nice water containers through out the property where you can help yourself to cold lemon water. Nice touch.
Public areas are clean and beautifully decorated. Pool has a shallow and deep part, up to 8 feet. I just thought I'd mention that since I'd been to very few hotels which offer a deep pool. There is a bar poolside, but not always open. I ended up ordering my maitai from the server the restaurant sent over and ended up paying a 20% room service fee to the already overpriced cocktail. I paid a whopping $15.00 total. But what the heck, I was on vacation after all.
I mentioned the restaurant so I'm going to say something about it. It is called Sam and Harry's. Overpriced for underseasoned food.
Rooms are spacious, clean, nicely decorated and I believe all have a wonderful view. Bed is comfortable. (Though I had a bed from a previous stay where the down feathers were poking me.) Great water pressure in the shower. I just loved showering there, I was thouroughly drenched.
Parking will cost you $28.00 a night for valet and $21.00 for self. I have to mention the parking attendant, I never met a friendlier and happier parking attendant ever.
Hotel has a spa. Unfortunately I didn't get to experience it. Again, I thought it was expensive. Next time I will when I skip Sam and Harry's.
Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would consider returning.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amid the unparalleled beauty and relaxed luxury of Newport Beach comes an inventive new concept in hospitality - and a whole new take on the Southern California lifestyle. Welcome to the $75 million redesign of the Newport Beach Marriott Hotel and Spa, where you'll find your most ambitious visions realized. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Newport Beach Marriott Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott Hotel And Spa
- Marriott Newport Beach