“Scary location.” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Boise, Idaho
“Scary location.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel is on a small strip of land between two busy streets - right next to a liquor store and tattoo parlor. The donut store across the street had a security guard. It is a terrible, noisy location. There were spiders in the room. We asked to cancel our reservation - which had been made that morning - and were refused. Terrible stay! Did not sleep well. Do not make this mistake yourself. Find a better hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Little I, General Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Gayl122,

I apologize that you did not find our hotel as pleasing as we would have liked, we are centrally located and that is what guests love about us. Unfortunately we have a 72 hour cancellation policy for our hotel and stick by it and for that reason is why we were unable to cancel your reservation. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback as it always helps us improve.

Regards,

Gita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We booked this hotel for Memorial Day weekend after looking and ALL the different hotels in the area. This was a GREAT location! Our room was on the 2nd floor and very nice. The bed was comfortable, and we had a view of the bay. We arrived at about NOON, and they had a room ready for us, which was great because we had been driving for over 5 hours and just wanted to get settled. The hotel is in a great location, just a couple of blocks from the beach and all of the restaurants and bars. The 2nd day we were there, we took advantage of the free bicycles and rode on the beach down to Huntington Beach and spent a couple of hours checking out the bars and shops there, before riding back. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean and nice, and we would definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Little I, Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear SarahD13,

Thank you for all the nice comments you have posted about our hotel, nothing is more rewarding than knowing we were able to provide our guests with a memorable experience. You are correct about our being centrally located, with the beach just a short couple blocks away and that is just one out of the great amenities that our hotel offers, we also have complimentary beach chairs, towels, umbrellas and bikes for our guests to use. It sounds to me like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and for that I am beyond happy. Again thank you, my staff and I cannot wait for your next visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Thoroughly disappointed with our stay. First, they lost our reservation, then they put us in a room we didn't book. Two different employees offered to comp the first night for the inconvenience, and then charged us full price anyway. There was no management on site to deal with the situation, and my call to the lead supervisor has yet to be answered... She clearly cannot be bothered with the common courtesy of a return phone call. Extremely unprofessional and very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cathy B.,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you had to undergo unfortunately there was a bit of miscommunication on both parts in regards to your reservation. However, I would like to thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated as it always helps us improve our service.

Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

The only thing good about this "hotel" is that it is close to the beach. Facility and rooms were nothing like advertised on the website. Room smell musty and gross upon arrival. Front desk staff was unknowledgable and rude. Housekeeping was rude and lazy. Front desk area was dirty and unclean. Had to remind front desk to make coffee in the lobby. Staff just doesn't care about anything except collecting your harx earned money. I will glady pay twice as much to stay elswhere next time.

• Stayed May 2014
Little I, General Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello 63beachdad, I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as memorable as you or we would have wanted it to be, please accept our most sincere apologies. I appreciate your feedback as it always helps our service improve.
We would like to remind you that we only have a single staff member who not only takes calls, but checks in/out our guests, deals with maintenance issues as we do not have a maintenance employee on site, and any other request a guest might have like asking for beach chairs, and it could be that this was the reason the coffee we offer in the lobby was not ready. However, I can assure you that every single issue you pointed out has been discussed with every staff member in order to ensure that our service is impeccable.
Again thank you for your feedback and reviewing our hotel. Should you allow us to be of service to you again in the future, I promise it will be a completely different and more memorable experience.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

We were looking for a place to spend a romantic day and night getaway. This place was perfect for what we wanted because of it's location, very close to the beach and the bay. About 2 blocks to the beach and about 1 1/2 blocks to the bay. There are many restaurants plus the pier within walking distance. I read some other reviews that complained of noise but our experience was completely the opposite. The room was very clean and the large tub was fabulous. The price was very reasonable as well. The management was polite and accommodating. Another great thing is they have free parking which is very rare on the peninsula. We are definitely staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Little I, General Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Kabbub,

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and our management, for me there is nothing more rewarding than to see a guest write how much he/she enjoyed their stay with us. It was my great pleasure to be of service to you and it is true that we are centrally located, the beach, bars, and restaurants are all within walking distance. I can't help but to brag about our location because it is such a great convenience to everyone. I am more than pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We here at Little Inn by the Bay look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I was looking for a nice place within walking distance of the beach, and this place was perfect. My biggest pet peeve with Newport Beach is the lack of parking, so this place was a godsend. I really did not spend too much time in the room, but it was clean and pretty quiet at night with the AC running. The manager downstairs seemed friendly enough and it took me all of five minutes to walk down the beach. Yes, it's a motel. But you simply can't beat the location. Definitely staying here again if I'm ever in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Little I, Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again! Please share your experience at Little Inn by the Bay in Newport Beach with friends and family!
Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The best thing about this place is the location. It's a very small property with limited parking spaces. You can walk to the beach, pier and the bay. There are many places to eat. The beach is just a block or so away on one side and the bay is on the other side. There is a movie theater in walking distance too. The Inn itself is more like a renovated motel. It is not a quiet or quaint Bed and Breakfast Inn. I used earplugs so the street noise didn't bother me. To be fair and in my experience, anyplace I've stayed on the peninsula has been noisy...especially in the summer. Our room was on the beach-side. There was a nice balcony with so-so patio furniture. The room had been renovated and was more than sufficient and clean. The bed was comfortable. They have coffee in the mini-lobby and beach cruisers available that have seen better days. The staff was friendly and helpful. For the price, you can't beat the location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Little I, Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear cmfjaeger,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We try our best to give our guests an experience that they will remember for a long time. We are located right smack in the middle of Newport Beach night life. Many guests stay with us mostly on that alone. We are 2 blocks from the beach and we renovated our rooms as of 2 years ago. We don't aspire to give the Ritz Carltons or the Sheratons and the Hiltons a run for their money. We are what we are and we take pride in that. I am glad that you had a positive experience during your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Gita

Been to Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!