“Great location!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Temecula, California
“Great location!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The best thing about this place is the location. It's a very small property with limited parking spaces. You can walk to the beach, pier and the bay. There are many places to eat. The beach is just a block or so away on one side and the bay is on the other side. There is a movie theater in walking distance too. The Inn itself is more like a renovated motel. It is not a quiet or quaint Bed and Breakfast Inn. I used earplugs so the street noise didn't bother me. To be fair and in my experience, anyplace I've stayed on the peninsula has been noisy...especially in the summer. Our room was on the beach-side. There was a nice balcony with so-so patio furniture. The room had been renovated and was more than sufficient and clean. The bed was comfortable. They have coffee in the mini-lobby and beach cruisers available that have seen better days. The staff was friendly and helpful. For the price, you can't beat the location.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Little I, Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear cmfjaeger,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. We try our best to give our guests an experience that they will remember for a long time. We are located right smack in the middle of Newport Beach night life. Many guests stay with us mostly on that alone. We are 2 blocks from the beach and we renovated our rooms as of 2 years ago. We don't aspire to give the Ritz Carltons or the Sheratons and the Hiltons a run for their money. We are what we are and we take pride in that. I am glad that you had a positive experience during your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Gita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
New York, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was fooled by false reviews on Google and photos of renovated room interiors. Beware--- updated furnishings does not equal high quality accommodations or service! This is simply a motel, not a quaint little inn as its name proclaims. Thin walls. Partial hole in the door. Flimsy mattress. Wall-mounted shampoo and body soap dispensers in the shower. While just a few blocks away from the beach, the motel is right next to a liquor store and on a major road, with all its accompanying sounds of traffic. Bring a noise-canceling/white noise machine with you, lest you are fine with a restless night of sleep.

This motel might meet the needs of college kids, but for those who are seeking quality and comfort, I would recommend checking out VRBO or Air B-nB for a beach rental.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Little I, Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us was not as pleasant as it should have been. I am not sure what room you stayed in. Just the same, I have instructed my housekeeping as well as engineering staff to check that all mattresses and a/c units are up to par and to let me know of any problems. These are flaws that can be rectified quite easily. As far as the street noise is concerned, there is not much that I can do as hotel manager. Our little hotel is located between two very busy streets and surrounded by several eateries and bars. When these places close around 2 am, the streets can get quite loud, especially around weekends. Quite a lot of our guests like us mostly for our proximity to these places. I, however, completely understand that we may not be the right hotel for everyone. I wish there was more that I could do to have made your stay more enjoyable. Happy New Year.

San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We were at the Little Inn by the bay for our 33rd wedding anniversary. This was our first visit to the hotel. The location was perfect for us. We were able to walk to all the places we wanted to go to. The room was clean and comfortable and the amenities were appreciated. The only (minimal) complaint was that the HBO channel did not come in clearly. Little Inn by the bay will definitely be on our list for a return visit!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Little I, Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Grannymle,

I want to personally thank you for the nice comment you have posted about our hotel. I am so happy that you have chosen to spend your 33rd wedding anniversary with us, considering that you have a smorgasbord to choose from. You are correct about our being centrally located and being within walking distance to many restaurants and bars, not to mention the beach, which is a short couple of blocks away. I might as well mention here that our hotel was fully renovated 2 years ago and we continue to receive compliments about the way our rooms are. My night staff did mention the TV reception interference that you reported. I have directed our engineer to look into the problem. Hopefully, it will be an easy fix. Please accept my apology for that. Lastly, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.

Alta Loma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I recently spent a get away weekend at the hotel and had a fantastic time. The rooms have recently been updated and are modern, clean and very comfortable. We had our own balcony to relax on after walking most of the day on the beach. The location is perfect; close to many great restaurants and the beach is only a couple of blocks away. The staff are professional and very helpful. A good value for a beach hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Little I, Owner at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear lovetotravelAltaLoma,

Thank you for your nice comments about our hotel and staff. Our hotel was renovated just last year, a fact still reflected in the quality of our rooms. I cannot help but brag a little about our location. We are centrally located, all bars and restaurants in the Newport Beach area are within walking distance. The beach is a short couple of blocks away. It sounds to me like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, and for that I am beyond happy.There is nothing more rewarding to me as a hotelier than to see a guest take the time to write how much he/she enjoyed their stay with us. My staff and I cannot wait for your next visit. Thanks, again, from the bottom of our hearts.

Baraboo, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed here with my 3 very young grandchildren and their parents. Had a great time. Rooms are clean and appear to be updated. I rented two rooms and the staff made sure our rooms were close together. Staff was very polite and helpful. Hotel is block and a half from the beach...that was the joy. This is a wonderful beach location. Hotel provides beach toys for the kids. Chairs to take to the beach. Bikes to ride. No extra charge. This is a very affordable hotel. Walked to the Cannery for dinner so excellent dining within walking distance. Hotel is on a busy street....if you want quiet and seclusion don't stay here. Having said that it was not THAT noisy. I could say more but will stop now. I will definitely stay at this hotel when traveling to this area again. Thank you to the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Little I, Owner at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Dear gmkline,

First of all, I am very happy to hear that our empowered staff went out of their way to accommodate your family's needs and that they treated you well. It is nice to know all that training was put to good use. Secondly, I appreciate the wonderful comments that you wrote about our hotel. We are centrally located, we have complimentary amenities such as beach cruisers, beach chairs, umbrellas and boogie boards for our guests to enjoy. I hope that your grandchildren enjoyed the beach toys as well. The beach is a stone's throw away from our location and so are all the restaurants and watering holes that one can imagine. From what I hear, you have a wonderful family and we are certainly looking forward to your next visit. The staff and I send our regards.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed one night as I passed through newport area. Room was spacious and overall clean. AC cooled the room for a comfortable nights sleep. Road traffic outside is noticeable. Great mexican food restaurant across street.

• Stayed September 2013
Little I, Owner at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear OhioBucks,

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are located right smack in the center of Newport Beach night life, where "everywhere" is within walking distance from us. You are right about El Ranchito, the Mexican restaurant just across the street. There is, as well, a ton of other places to eat and drink nearby. The beach is also just a couple of blocks away. Our rooms are practically brand new, having been recently refurbished.Thanks, again, for the nice comments and we cannot wait for your next visit.

CHINO , CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had an excellent time here it was across the street from the beach and sooo many resturants to enjoy !! If you are lucky enough to schedule the balcony over looking the city as well as the beach you will never want to leave. I felt like this was my home and the beach was my pool. It was very memorable i loved it . Perfect lil getaway so close by.

Room Tip: Definitely try the rooms on the balcony over looking the beach and all the people passing by. The su...