“Great location, kooky inn.” 3 of 5 stars

Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2627 Newport Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA 92663   |
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great location, kooky inn.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Little inn by the bay reminds me of if you have crazy friends that you only visit because they live by the ocean and you're staying in their crazy guest room. The customer service was not great. The room itself was musty with a broken shower. If you are a light sleeper, avoid this place. The noise didn't bother me, but I can sleep through anything. Lots of channels on the TV, so if tv is your thing, then it's great. The location is pretty awesome. Walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and great bars. That was the best part of the stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Little I, Owner at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Dear 598Storm598,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feed back. I apologize for the condition of the shower in your room during your stay. It must have been one of those days. Please know that all of our rooms are newly renovated and that we do have a maintenance person available 24/7 in case of emergencies. Rest assured that the condition of the shower in the room you were in has been rectified. Additionally, our hotel is centrally located and by that I mean we are within walking distance to many watering holes and restaurants in the area. That is the main contributing factor to the noise you were speaking of, especially during Friday and Saturday nights. I hope that you understand that that is something beyond our control. We are all looking forward to your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This Inn is in a great location, and was recently remodeled. The rooms are quaint and stocked with a small refrigerator, coffee maker, and nicely decorated. Excellent for the price. Would stay again. Pleasant staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nitz19,

Thank you for your great feed back. We at The Little Inn by the Bay strive to provide our guests service and accommodations to make very memorable stays. Please tell your family and friends about us. We are not Newport Beach's little secret anymore! We are looking forward to your next visit.

Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

our room was clean and the furniture was new. Short walk to the beach, pier and lots of restaurants, etc. Draw back was noisy partiers walking hone after bars closed & hot water ran out quickly in the morning. Definitely reccomend if you're looking for inexpensive alternative.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Heather_L901,

Thank you for your nice feed back to our little hotel.

True, we are centrally located and within walking distance to many bars and restaurants in the Balboa Peninsula. That is one of the main attractions to our hotel. It is also the main reason behind the noise you were speaking of. Sad to say, there is not a lot that we can do about that one.

I also want to apologize for the lack of hot water in your room. I have looked into it and it has been rectified. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Bed bugs in room 3!!! Travelled home with us. Hotel staff would not let us talk to the manager about it. It is now a big financial cost to each of us that brought it home. Also, blood stains on the sheets.

• Stayed March 2013
Little I, Guest Relations Manager at Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your less than satisfactory experience during your stay with us. I just want to clarify a misconception: our hotel does not have any bed bugs. We are duly certified by the Public Health Services of Orange Co. as having satisfactorily met the requirements set by the state/county in that regard.

I also apologize for the fact that the manager was not available to address your concern that day. Our staff is empowered to resolve any guest related issues to ameliorate any of our guests' concerns. Perhaps we need to remind our staff of said policy. At any rate, should you give us another chance to be of service to you, we promise to, at least, meet your expectations if not surpass it. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Lake Bluff, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed 2 nights with a rather large group of senior Motorcycle travelers.The rooms are VERY small and the bathroom facilities were sadly lacking.The towels were thin, and "dingy", and the shower mat was an "indoor/outdoor" carpet remnant, certainly not very absorbent on a cold tile floor! There was not a single towel hook anywhere in the bathroom, or on the bathroom door.My husband and I had no heat in our room...in January! I asked the gentleman at the desk to please look into the isssue and he offered us a portable heater...we declined for obvious safety issues! Since we were going out for the day, he told me that his maintenance person would fix the heater which appeared to be a simple A/C unit with no heat option...this did not happen! The hotel is between 2 very busy, noisy streets, and we had traffic noise, cold air coming in under our door! I would consider this a rather poor value for the $$.There are other choices nearby.

Room Tip: Taker a closer look at other hotels in the area...perhaps a better value!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
I am sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you nor we would have wanted it to be. We are a quaint, little hotel in Newport Beach. That is the quality that sets us apart from the other hotels in the area. What we lack in things like room size and towel hooks we make up for by way of a) our lower rates compared to the other hotels in the area and 2) by our location which is quite central to most watering holes and restaurants in the area 3) as well as the beach which most of our guests just love. Additionally, 4) all of our rooms, even if some are not as spacious, are newly refurbished.

I also apologize that our staff was re-miss in addressing your room heat issues. We have a maintenance engineer on staff and he is on call 24-hours/day for emergencies, which your situation certainly was. Rest assured that this issue has been discussed with the staff involved.

Should you allow us to be of service to you again in the future, I promise that it will be a different but a lot more memorable experience for you and your family and friends. Let me or Gita know the next time you are in town so we can personally attend to your accommodations.

Mike
Grand Terrace, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

A small motel between two busy streets. About 1 block off the beach. 1960s decor. I found it clean, with pleasant help, and inexpensive. Try to get a room on the other side from the liquor store.
Plenty of pillows, just enough towels. They only have enough parking for one car for each room. Don't bring two cars. (who brings two cars?)

Room Tip: Pick a room on the North side away from the liquor store.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back.

I recognize our limitations when it comes to the parking situation. We are a small hotel in a very urban setting and during sold out nights it can be tough for some of our guests to find parking. That is why we implement the one car per room policy. However, we relax implementing that policy at times if the situation calls for it.

Again, thank you for your feed back and let me know the next time you are in town so I can personally supervise your accommodation.

Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I lived in Newport Beach for two years and when I come back to visit, I like to stay on the peninsula. Little Inn is right in the middle of the action. Very easy to get back and forth between restaurants, bars, and beach. The room isn't huge but we're not looking for the Walforf. The complimentary beach cruisers are a nice perk. My only complaint this time is that the shower was pretty weak. The water stream was very low. The rooms can be a bit noisy with the traffic on both sides but it's really not that bad. We'll be back when we come to town next.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear IndySteve78,

Thank you for your kind words. We are the little hotel that constantly strives to give our guests an experience they cannot soon forget. Yes, we have beach cruisers available for our guests to experience Newport Beach or Southern Cal at their own peace and close. We also have beach chairs and umbrellas available. I'm sorry to hear about the condition of the shower in your room. I will have that looked at and resolved. Until your next visit...

Gita

Been to Little Inn by the Bay Newport Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!