“I wish I could have stayed longer” 5 of 5 stars

Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 West Balboa Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA 92663   |
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Newport Beach
Colorado
“I wish I could have stayed longer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

I was hesitant to stay at the Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel at first - I thought that perhaps the reviewed were too good to be true - but I am sure glad that we did. My husband also loved it. He told me that I was responsible for the accommodations during our vacation. Let me say that there is a reason that this hotel has received high rating.

The hotel staff is amazing. My husband and I were in California visiting friends and family and we had a lot of them uses the public parking facilities across the street - the hotel staff offered to run across there and fill the meter with quarters for us if my family couldn't get to their car before the meter ran out! Seriously, how awesome is that?

Also, it's a perfect distance from the ocean and they provide all the beach towels and equipment you could need.

Cookies at 3:00 every day, great DVD selection, wonderful breakfast options. If you need to stay at Newport beach, this is where you newer to come. The only thing I wish I room had was a separate room for our kiddos (they would NOT sleep knowing that we were awake), and s microwave (I needed to heat up my baby's milk
/food).

Thank you Bay Shores!

• Stayed September 2011

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

This place is fantastic. The rooms are faultlessly clean with new fixtures, carpet and modern furniture - mini-fridges in the rooms make it easy to make simple meals. The lobby has a small kitchen area with toasters and microwaves, etc. available for meal preparation as well. Breakfast is served daily and offers lots of choices, and fruit and cookies are always available. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The front desk people are as capable and helpful as the best concierges at fancy resorts. The location is wonderful (there's a shuttle service the staff can help arrange that's $20/each way from LAX to the hotel). I stayed there for business, and the hotel is so close to the beach that I was able to carve out a little beach time in my very hectic schedule. The only disappointment you'll face staying here is having to leave.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

this hotel is exactly what i would expect for a laid back surf town. unpretentious and amazing! The staff was awsome, rooms clean and comfortable and the best roof top deck for million dollar views . The marina is in the back of the hotel and across the street is the beach. Easy walking distance to Balboa Island and restaurants. Unlimited access to boogie boards and chairs and great rates, why would you stay any other place?
loved it and cant wait to get back... no pool but i didnt go there to swim in a pool..

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Maricopa, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed there over the Labor Day weekend. Fist let me say the rooms are wonderfully clean with alot of personal touches. The suite we stayed in slept six with two bedrooms and a full kitchen. The hotel has a rooftop deck and if you look to the west..it is ocean...look to the east..the bay...amazing views! I highly suggest this hotel if you are traveling with kids (young and teenage). My kids loved riding in the elevator and the hotel offers beach towels and equipment to use for free on the beach. We grabbed sand toys, beach towels, and boogie boards and headed right across the street to the beach. In the evening, it is just a few blocks walk to many restaurants and shops. If you are like me, and tend to be a little picky on where you stay, have no fear here! Everything was wonderful and the breakfast was included.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

From the moment we walked in the hotel upon our arrival, we were made to feel absolutely at home and welcome. The customer service was phenomenal, especially from Ralph, John and Bruce. All of the team members went out of their way to help us with whatever we made known to them. However, Ralph went above and beyond the call of the duty with his smile, his sense of humor, knowledge of the sights and attractions of the local area, including tips and hints for the Crystal Cathedral and other nearby churches. Ralph was fully attentive and engaging. It was truly a pleasure to interact with Bayshores staff; one that we won't soon forget.

The hotel has such an inviting sense of ambiance; the daily breakfasts, afternoon cookies and turn-down service (including chocolates) made for an incredibly personable experience. We stayed at this hotel primarily for the proximity to the beach. We absolutely loved the rooftop sundeck, the old-time elevator, the dvd offerings and all of the other distinctively charming, old fashioned attributes.

We went to the beach to relax and Bayshores contributed so much to our overall experience, rest and relaxation. We will definitely return! Thank you Bayshores Peninsula Hotel!

Room Tip: It's best to be on the 3rd floor. It's a good idea to join the hotel's email list to upg...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Absolutely loved it here. Couldn't have been happier. The rooms were lovely, with all the facilities you could need. Very clean and comfortable. Value for money is brilliant. Roof top provides beautiful views with the harbour on one side and beach on the other. Really good location with walking distance to a host of restaurants and bars. Staff couldn't do more for you, the fresh cookies, amazing breakfasts, beach chairs, on all hand. I loved the dvd collection which was free, we got a different film when we came in every night, a great idea.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Our family has been coming here for years. The reason for our return year after year...month after month is the feeling that is's our second home. The staff is like our second family. The ones you truly love! They are always so willing and helpful with just about anything. The breakfast is the perfect way to start out any day. Having everything we need for the beach is right there. You don't have to run out and purchase anything..they have it. Returning back from the perfect day at the beach they have cookies waiting. fruit always available. To end off the perfect day they have a wide selection of movies to choose from at no additional cost. They will always be 5 out of 5 stars in our family!!! Special thanks to Ralph and John!!! Clay, you will always be missed.
With much Love
The Shade Family
Chandler Arizona

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fred-BSPH1, Owner at Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thanks Julie,

We always enjoy having you and your family here too! And yes, Clay is well and truly missed by all of us, and really by anyone who knew him as well. ---Fred Pratt, Owner

Been to Bay Shores Peninsula Hotel? Share your experiences!