“Nice Italian place right on the water” 4 of 5 stars

(949) 642-7880
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 55 & PCH
Phoenix
“Nice Italian place right on the water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Arrived about 830 pm with no reservation but got seated right away. Got seated right next to the waiters station so it was loud and noisy and you would think it would have worked in our favor to get quick service, bot no such luck . Took 10 mins to get water and another 5 min for some menus and a waiter. Our waiter Troy apologized profusely and th rest of the service for the night was amazing. I started with the minetrone and my husband started with the wedge salad that was listed as the special of the day. Both were ver good. We then moved on to dinner and decided to share an entree so we chose the linguine with crab. We asked for a few alterations as my husdand prefers angel hair to linguine and doesn't like tomatoes and they had no problem accommodating our requests. Received a warm basket of sourdough bread to die for while waiting on the entree. Received the entree a little while later and it was excellent as well. My husband had the mousse pie for dessert and I had the to die for souffle. Both very good. Overall received great service and the food was really good as well. Will definitely be coming back!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

newport beach, ca
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

It's OK, not bad, but there are many better on PCH... The location is Great, Beautiful building, average food.. it should be better considering everything else...

Visited October 2011
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“For Italian.....Go here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Delicioso! With a gorgeous view of the bay and amazing food, Villa Nova is another super stop while in the Newport Beach area. Service was excellent and my family and I enjoyed the visit and will return again next year. Don't miss this jem!

Visited August 2012
California
“Such charm, wish the food were as good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

As fun as this place is to go, the quality of food just isn't up to par. I've been more than once and each time the valet was quick & polite, my table was ready promptly and the waiters were attentive. For the price, however, the food is not good, except dessert. The atmosphere is fun. You know, over done faux painted Italian Village, but hey, fun none the less. The staff is really friendly (although most of them look as though they should be retired.) The piano bar is loads of fun, but beware, it seems to mostly cater to the 65 and up single crowd. This doesn't mean if you are young you shouldn't go. My friends & family, 30's, 40's & 50's, all have a blast singing along with the piano player who knocks out old standards, classic rock & such.
I've read other reviews of this place that say the servers "speak italian" I speak Italian, they do not. Especially when they can't even say bruschetta (it is pronounced broo-sket-ah, not broo-shet-ah) I've read the food is to die for. I guess if your taste buds are dead or you absolutely love mushy pasta. If you go for drinks &/or dessert, you will have fun. If you want to have dinner, order a very simple diash and stay away from the red sauce, it's awful.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
sacramento, ca
“Average food and noisy; Nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I recently ate at Villa Nova for dinner. I had made a reservation via Open Table and had requested a table near a window with a view. My request was honored. I suggest you use the valet parking service. There is a $3 service fee but that is minimal given the challenge in finding a parking spot when it is busy in the area. We walked in and were immediately seated. The room is slightly dark, but the view of Newport Harbor is very nice. We immediately noticed the noise in the room. For the entire dinner the area was quite noisy. It took awhile for a waiter to come and ask about a cocktail. Then it took awhile for him to return and take an order. Waiter seemed quite indifferent and not interested in taking accurate notes of what we requested. He later asked questions we had already answered. We ordered first a soup and salad and they came at different times. The soup was minestrone and the base was thin and not very flavored. The Cesar salad also lacked flavor. My wife had ravioli and I had spaghetti with meatballs. Again, both both dishes lacked spice and flavor. I would not return for another dinner....too noisy, service is slow and food is at best average.

• Visited July 2012