“Great fresh Mexican food” 4 of 5 stars

(949) 675-9800
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sol Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 412 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: PCH and Bayside Dr.
Naples, Italy
“Great fresh Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I loved the fresh Naked Guacamole and the ceviche we had to start. My quesadilla entree was great too. Fun atmosphere right on the water and friendly waiter.

Anchorage, Alaska
“All Around Good - Different Flare On Mexican Cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I ate here with a large group and while my dinner of battered fish tacos weren't amazing, I think the place had potential. Others in the group got Kobe steak, and Carne Tacos and had better experiences. Salsa and Guacamole were good, waiter was awesome, service was great, and atmosphere was perfect.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This place had amazing, fresh, Mexican food. Absolutely delicious! The carnitas were scrumptious, and everything was homemade. Excellent service, and an unpretentious atmosphere. Amazing!!! Great, fresh good gets my vote every time:) I wish I could eat there everyday!

La Habra, California
“Did not meet the expectation of a large party group reservation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My parents arranged to have my brother's graduation party at Sol Cocina. The restaurant was not ready for us and the organizer of the event did a horrible job setting the expectation with the staff for the day.

Via email they had agreed to give access to the area 30 minutes before the guests arrived to start decorating. Unfortunately, there were still people dining in the area so decorations had to wait. The patio was understood to be private, but it was not, we still had 2 tables of other guests in the area the whole time.

Even when the party was suppose to start - they still did not have the tables set up for the number of guests that were arranged. We had to give direction to move tables and add chairs.

This is considered a high quality restaurant - but the truth is they were not well organized. This was not my party, but from what I saw I would NEVER have a group party here or if you do - be super diligent to comb thru the details.

The food was OK, but nothing amazing.
They messed up alcohol drinks several times with the bartenders just making the wrong drinks.

The small room overlooking the water was a great spot and if you do eat here, I would recommend asking to sit there.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auburn, Washington
“Great Resturant - Amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great location & great staff. I enjoyed my food and drinks. We were there for a business dinner w/7 people. No wait times, fast service.

Food was great. 2 members of the group that had Rib Eye steak felt it was over cooked - they wanted rare. But the staff was more than happy to re-do the order and even complimented us with some amazing desserts.

Complementary valet parking made it super easy to stop at this busy location.

• Visited June 2014