“The Best Dining Experience in Newport Beach” 5 of 5 stars

949-642-3431
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rusty Pelican is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 401 Restaurants in Newport Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Riverside Dr
New York
“The Best Dining Experience in Newport Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a vacation in Newport Beach (our second year in a row). We spent two of our 7 nights dining at the Rusty Pelican. Once on Monday night and then returned again on Saturday night. We eat out a lot... and have high standards and Rusty Pelican surpassed all of out expectations. We were lucky enough to have Clay as our waiter on both occations. Seldom is the attention to service this good. The food, atmosphere and service were all as good as it gets.
Hope we get the chance to return. Keep up the wonderful work.

Jack & Gina Kelly
New Hyde Park, NY 11040

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Idaho
“I must have hit them on a BAD night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We arrived at 6:55 for a 7 PM reservation. We were told that there would be a slight delay. That the diners at three tables had paid but that they were still sitting at their tables. About ten minutes later (when 2 groups had been seated) I asked and was told that my date and I were third in line to be seated. Nearly fifteen minutes later, when four parties had been seated, I asked again where I was on the list. She seems to have forgotten speaking to me before and said that I was third in line. I pointed out the problem and she drew this symbol "<" on the page a few times, some cryptic message no doubt, and now were we suddenly second! The salmon was very good. The sea bass was shoe leather over-cooked. I will not be returning.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The best garlic bread in the world!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

On holiday from the uk, only stopped here as I found the name very funny! Treat like royalty from the moment I walked in. Sat on the deck, and was served excellent garlic bread, drinks and fantastic main meals. Pat our server was fantastic. Food was superb and location is excellent. Disregard the last review on here as he is clearly a chef and they are always critical about other peoples cooking. Take it from me I eat in a lot of restaurants around the world and this is one of the best and very reasonably priced. Compliments to the chef!

newport beach, ca
“Always a Good Choice..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I'm partial to the fish and salad bar, but suspect everything is good... we've been on New Year's, and Birthday's...never let down yet....

San Diego, California
“As great as you would expect.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Halibut, chef's special, was excellent. King Crab was also an excellent entre. We're looking forward to another visit soon!

Visited July 2012