“Nice but a bit overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
San Jose, CA
“Nice but a bit overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had a nice meal here. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. The food was decent as expected, but it was a bit overpriced. The nice thing was they opened till 10pm, most other place around the mall closed at 9pm.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Canada
“Disgusting”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had late lunch here, and was looking forward to the experience, boy was I in for some major disappointment and more importantly a very big ewwwwwwww moment. First mistake, but actually ended up being an eye opening opportunity, we ate here on the Saturday before Thanksgiving, so ended up at the table next to the food pick up area. We ordered from the lunch menu which included a salad or soup, your entree and a side. This seemed like the best choice, because the individual dishes if ordered separately would be quite expensive overall. While waiting for our food, I observed a waitperson getting his tray ready for an order he was picking up. The order must have had a soup component, because he picked up a spoon which he then dropped, picked up and continued by giving it a perfunctory wipe with his apron! He then seemed to notice something stuck on the bowl area of the soon, so what do we do, we scrape at the offending item with our finger nail and then our thumb! He then picked up his order and off he went to deliver it. After sitting for a few seconds, I informed my partner what had happened, and went in search of a manager. This search took me back to the front door and to the very busy person taking names for tables. I quietly asked for the manager or General Manager, to which she replied that she was the manager on duty. I explained what I had observed, to which her reply was <what was it! a piece of rice>!!!!!! Again, I quietly informed her, that what w stuck on the utensil was not the issue, but the unsanitary way the server had dealt with not only the offending stuck on piece of food, nor the way he wiped the spoon after he had dropped it and before he decided to scrape the food of said spoon with his thumb, but the fact the some unsuspecting patron was now consuming their soup with a highly unsanitary spoon. She asked if I could identify the server so she could speak with them, I advised yes, but didn't know who the customer was, but she said that was okay she would deal with it later! I was absolutely dumbfounded by her response and attitude to this issue, and returned to my table with some trepidation. Our food arrived shortly thereafter, and it was not worth waiting for. At best I would have said that in the back kitchen they defrost and nuke prepackaged meals and serve to guests. My meal was blah, lukewarm, and not worth waiting on. Luckily our server was quite lovely and concerned as to why I did not consume my dish, but after what I had witnessed and the tasteless factory produced mess that was my lunch I just could not and did not want to eat. It was an experience I wish I had not witnessed, and a restaurant I will not frequent again. This whole staff from the top down needs serious retraining in food handling and the health department needs to visit.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Newport Beach, California
“Solid service and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

As expected had good service and food and PF Changs. I love the chicken soup that they have here. Not quite as big as I remember, but delicious as always.

Visited October 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Best experience in this chain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were reluctant to try this name again as we had not so great experience try he last time in Phoenix. Must say though that every dish we ordered and it must have been 5 or 6 were exceptionally delicious and we enjoyed the meal immensely. The waiters also were courteous and prompt. A great experience and has renewed our faith in this name.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“Noisy Meal”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We like PF but this was a little too noisy for us. As usual the food was very good - great Mongolian BBQ.

Visited October 2013