“This hotel has it all!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Doryman's Inn Bed & Breakfast Newport Beach

You added Doryman's Inn Bed & Breakfast Newport Beach to your Saves list
Doryman's Inn Bed & Breakfast Newport Beach
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2102 W. Ocean Front, Newport Beach, CA 92663   |
Yorba Linda, California
“This hotel has it all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My best friend Kim and I spent tuesday through friday here for our annual birthday trip. I don't know why some people are never satisfied from other reviews. We had room 5 and it has 2 windows overlooking the ocean and pier. The staff bent over backwards if we needed anything like ice. The bed was sooo comfy and sheets were soft as a baby's butt! Great people watching! We slept fine despite life going on outside. Close to everything. I will def be back. I live in yorba linda ca but its nice to spend time at the beach. With houses on oceanfront charging 5 grand a week why not just stay here?

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Billings, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We booked at the Doryman hotel for three nights so we could be in Newport Beach to attend a wedding of a friend and my wife was having the clothes she purchased from Nordstroms to ware to the wedding delivered to the hotel. When the package arrived the front desk clerk refused to accept it even though she knew we were staying at the hotel. So I called the front desk to speak to the manager and the same clerk said i could not do that until Monday. The clerk constantly talked over the top of me while trying to explain the dilema as my wife had nothing to wear to the wedding because of her mistake. This got me no where and after a slight argument she said she didnt care about my problem and was calling the police to remove us from the hotel. That never happened.
Obviously we will never return to this hotel and i'd suggest you dont stay here also.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here 3 nights mid May so it was just before school let out and was not too busy. That being said it was not loud outside like some reviews have said. I viewed the pictures on the website and could not really tell if this place was nice with old world charm or just looked dated. I was in awe of how beautiful my room was. The Bellagio room is huge and the bathroom is covered in marble. It is almost as big as the Jr suite we had in Vegas a few nights before. It does not feel like a B&B. It feels like a nice hotel. The only thing that makes it feel like a B&B is the size. With only 11 rooms its like you are the only guest some times. The front desk occasionally does not have anyone at it but a call to the displayed number always got us in touch when needed. The location is prime. You can not get much better than this. Great restaurant downstairs and across street. Be sure to keep the curtain closed while changing, it is only on the second floor so it is easy to view from the street. It got a little warm in the afternoon so the in room air condition was a great feature a lot of places on the beach don't have. One parking space is included across the street so no worries about finding a spot at night when everyone is out. I toured the whole balboa area (Segway nerd tour) and would not stay anywhere else unless it was a house on the beach.

• Stayed May 2013
Torrance, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I went here to celebrate our anniversary . The place seemed nice but there are bars that surround the place . We got absolutely no sleep , the noise went on until 3am two nights in a row . If you are going to eat at the restaurant go with the steak , the lobster was horrible and very costly . People not very friendly . Very cheap owner, they do not serve any happy hour ( wine cheese or crackers ) Nothing !
If you are 21 have money and like to party , this maybe a spot for you .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Keizer, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I spent a few nights at the beach on the way to another destination. i was definitely in awe. This is a beautiful Inn a stone's throw from the beach. I have a fetish for everything antique (and my husband knows this), so I was in total bliss. The service was great, the breakfast was perfect. The only thing amiss for me was a fluffy bathrobe. I don't usually pack one knowing most hotels will have one for me. This would have been greatly appreciated.

Thank you for the fabulous two days!

Oh, and parking for unloading is right in front of the hotel. They will direct you to a safe parking lot just a block away.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect when I stayed here with my wife for an overnight getaway. I grew up in the area and was never even aware it was here! However we were extremely happy with our visit. The room was extremely well decorated, the views were awsome, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom shower (always a biggie with me!) had plenty of pressure and hot water. The manager (?) who checked us in was very friendly and helpful, even showing us some of the other rooms available as each room is individual and decorated with a different motif.

The 'breakfast' was definitly European style (basically toast, bagels and cereal) but it was just fine with us, as it was located in a tastefully decorated breakfast room and balcony overlooking the pier.

The night club across the way did make it noisy, but if you want a room on the boardwalk at a popular beach, you should be willing to take the noise that is sure to go with it. We certainly didn't mind, even enjoyed listening to the crowds, but if that sort of thing bothers you they have rooms on the inside that are larger and more soundproof.

The only downside I can bring up is the price. It seemed a wee high, but you also have to consider the location.

Room Tip: Room 1 has probably the best view in the house as it is right on the corner so has about 6 windows f...