We were so happy to have lucked out in reserving a 2 bdrm unit at the Marriott Newport Coast Villas last month. It is a timeshare we have been considering buying into. We really enjoyed our stay, but I'm still not sure we would buy.
- Check-in was quick and friendly. We were sent to the concierge to pick up a discount card which I was wary of doing as I was afraid of being pulled into a timeshare pitch, but I think they saw that we were with young children and just gave us the discount card and we were on our way. We received no timeshare pressure at all during our stay.
- We stayed in the 4800 building and the 2bdrm unit was large and clean. Loved the bathrooms. Beds were super comfy. Lots of lighting. Huge soaker tub in master bdrm. They said it had an ocean view, but it's not a great one...you have to look over the parking lot and several buildings to see it.
- Well stocked kitchen. We didn't cook too much, but I found it had everything I needed, like dish detergent, dishwasher detergent, dish sponge, dish cloths, salt/pepper, starter pack of coffee/tea and condiments.
- Pool area was very nice. Oceanview from the pool area was AMAZING....enjoyed watching the sunset from there. The pool area was great - once weather warmed up during our trip!! Pools are heated but still chilly when weather is anything cooler than 25C. I loved the live music.
- Great location - 5 min drive from Fashion Island mall, and 20 mins to Disneyland (which was the main purpose of our trip). We've stayed at hotels right next to Disneyland and they are just not as spacious and nice, and are more expensive.
- Ugly dark green carpet in dining area/living room with very little to no underlay. Not comfortable at all, which is very surprising for a Marriott. Also, who puts carpet in a dining area?? I tried my best to clean up after my kids, but I shudder to think how dirty those carpets actually are. I would hope they'd redo that area in tile when it's up for renos.
- No housekeeping service during the 7 days we were there. Most timeshares have one mid-week light housekeeping service.
- I didn't love their bath products. I can't remember the name of it - never heard of it - but the lotion was not very moisturizing, and one of my kids said the shampoo made their head itchy.
- We were very excited that they had a kids club, as we were at Welks Resort a couple months earlier and the kids LOVED the kids club. However, the Marriott kids club is in dire need of renos or some TLC. My son was missing his Wii so we went for one of their Mariokart sessions advertised on their activities schedule. When we got there we were told only one controller worked because the others ran out of batteries and only one charger worked. Another kid was already playing, so we had to wait. Then my daughter wanted to draw on the whiteboard and they said they didn't have any markers and were waiting on an order. We tried playing a game, but good luck finding ANY game that actually has all the pieces in the box!! It was such a pathetic assortment of busted up boxes and old games - if it were my business I would scrap them all and buy new - it's an embarrassment to even offer them. I saw kids coming in for a toy stuffing session, and they were told there was only one type of animal left (dolphin, I think) so both kids had to make that.
Like I mentioned earlier, our main purpose for this trip was to visit Disneyland, so we didn't spend a lot of time at the resort, but the couple of days that we did, we weren't so in love with it that felt like we had to buy. It was a nice stay, I would probably stay again because I loved the area and location (don't forget to check out Balboa Island when you're there!!), but I will also look elsewhere to find someplace else to actually own.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Newport Coast Villas Hotel
- Marriott`s Newport Coast Villas Hotel Newport Beach
- Marriotts Newport Beach
- Marriotts Newport Coast Hotel
- Marriott Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Marriott
- Marriotts Newport Coast Villas
- Marriott Newport Coast Villas
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Venere and Orbitz so you can book your Marriott's Newport Coast Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.