You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
“Needs upgrading ”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here for business for 5 days. The hotel staff was nice and accommodating. The jolts on the other hand is in need of a makeover. My room happened to be at the end of a long hallway and the first thing you are greeted by is the smell. Maybe the carpet needs cleaning or replacing but the smell is unpleasant. Add to that the dimly lit halls and it's not a good first impression. The rooms are equally old and run down. It's a shame because it's near the airport and close to many local businesses. I would avoid this hotel if you can

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Wlimore, KY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at this hotel after three nights in Disney as I had an early flight out the next morning. The hotel is easy to find in a safe part of town and the exterior of the building is well kept. Check-in was easy and I got to my room quickly. I did not encounter a smoke smell, but there was a strong curry smell on the second floor where my room was. Upon entry into my room, it was clean and the room smelled relatively fresh (no strange odors or anything). The furniture was worn and the bathroom had lots of wear, but it was also clean. There was no shampoo in my room although two bars of soap were provided (one at the sink and one for the shower). Thankfully I had extra shampoo from my stay at Disney. The water pressure was sufficient and there were clean towels. The cable and TV were both good, too.

My main complaint was that when I left at 5:30am, there was no one at the front desk (there was a sign that said "we'll be open at 7am,") although I was able to request an e-mailed folio on a departure "card" I placed in a marked box, which I did receive. There was no "breakfast to go" ready for my departure, so I had to buy something at the airport. They really ought to know that there are people flying out early and have something available. Would have been nice.

The other frustrating part about this stay was the Wi-fi, which is advertised as "free" on their site. The "free" wi-fi was apparently some throttled-down version (and it is VERY MUCH throttled down) of wi-fi, as I was given an option to pay for "higher speed", which I did not do. This is really lame given that it is 2015 and I can get free wi-fi at McDonalds. Something for management to consider, as it's something I've gotten at other Extended Stay's for no cost at all.

I wouldn't bring my family to this hotel, but I would stay here again if I was flying out.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that you found our internet access speeds to be slow and that your stay was not up to standard. Still, we are happy to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable place to stay on your way to the airport. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I travel to Orange County almost every week. I chose to try this hotel because it was closer to my new office...bad mistake
It may be cheap and cheerful but be prepared to be overcome by smell of smoke in rooms on 4th floor. And their breakfast is a joke compared to what is available in other similar priced hotels.
I have opted to return to my old hotel in Santa ana

Room Tip: Do not venture to the 4th floor unless you are a smoker
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our hotel during your recent stay. We are hoping that we will become a smoke free facility in the future so issues, such as this, will not occur. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at laa@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Any Hotel is not only recognized by its amenities but also the services and the Customer trust . I am a business traveler and recently visited Extended Stay John Wayne Airport. This was the worst experience in my entire travel history.
I was highly surprised with the unprofessional behavior of the staff, management and even the higher management.Even after so many mails calls follow ups no response from this so called "Reputed Chain".
During my stay my stuff was missing from my luggage bag but nobody was bothered to acknowledge or sort it out.After poking to all staff people /housekeeping I got my luggage bag after one day ( dont know what staff was doing with the bag whole night ),but my stuff was missing from my bag
Have raised the concern with hotel staff and management but they are least bothered to acknowledge it.
I will never suggest this place to any business traveler who need to carry important documents and other stuff because anything can happen and then hotel management will be out of picture.
Better Beware and choose wisely.

Room Tip: Never Ever Choose , Beware
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed for a week here, on the ground floor, while working in Irvine.The room was fine, decent bed, good range of TV channels, I got the equipment for the kitchenette. The staff were professional. However the one reason I might not return here is the 20th century internet facilities. The basic wifi is 1Mb/sec, with a "premium" 3Mb/sec service, neither of which cannot be fairly described as high speed wifi in 2015. Perhaps speed of 10 times this level would be reasonable, but this is not reasonable. With such a slow speed the wifi was reasonably stable, but it was inadequate for my work and many people wishing to stay a longer period use networks for their work.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate you letting us know about your concerns regarding the wireless internet speeds. We will make sure we forward your comments to our IT department. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable home away from home while visiting the area. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The staff at this hotel are the best around. It was so peaceful and quiet and they went out of their way to help people. The process to check in and out was simple and quick and I witnessed them helping multiple people, with such hospitality!!

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with great service while you were staying with us. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Ponca City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you're looking for a hotel near the John Wayne-Orange County Airport in southern California I can recommend the Extended Stay America. If is especially designed for those staying in the area for a long time as the name implies, but worked well for me for just an overnight as recommended by AAA. Rooms were clean and comfortable and staff helpful. The only downside is that being unfamiliar with the area I was hesitant to drive more than a couple of miles and one night I didn't have a car. There wasn't any place within walking distance to eat (Carls Jr. was closed) and no grocery store within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that there were no restaurants or grocery stores within walking distance. Still, we are pleased to know that we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable home away from home while visiting the Orange County area. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!