You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a couple nights in order to be close to work. The hotel was well worth the price I paid. The room was nice and clean, the TV channel choice was large, and the location of the hotel was not in the ghetto. Far from it, it's in a very nice, low-crime area; I did not worry about my car in the parking lot.

The only complaint was that the Internet was lacking. It started strong, but after a couple of hours I was pulling about 650 ping and less than 1 mbps. This is after paying an extra $4 for "faster Internet".

So if Internet is not a huge deal to you, I can highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, yesterday
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know your concerns about the internet access at our hotel. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable home away from home while visiting the Orange County area. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am very pleased with the staff and its leadership at the John Wayne Extended Stay Hotel. I have been given a local assignment and this is a great home away from home environment. Yesenia and other key employees have been very accommodating with any request. Hotel management honored discounts as we have extended our stay an additional two months. Having an easy transition has allowed me to focus on my work. Thank you to the ENTIRE team at John Wayne Airport Extended Stay. I would recommend to anyone in need of a corporate housing location.

Room Tip: Bottom level is easy access especially if you are carrying groceries as each room has kitchenette.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for posting such your review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and that we were able to provide you with a home away from home environment. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Room was excellent, clean &soacious but there was lots of outside noise. Other than that, i didn't use the kitchenette for my overnighter but it looked great. Overall very happy with my stay. Only downside was the $25 dog accommodation fee.

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I understand your frustration with our pet fee; however, this fee is assessed to cover the additional housekeeping services that we perform after check-out. Still, we are pleased to know that you were happy with your overall stay. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
South Jordan, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am writing this complaint about my experience at Extended Stay of America in Orange County-John Wayne on 3/29/2015. My coworker and I are traveling on business and staying at the John Wayne location. We both arrived at around 3pm and I was able to check in, however, there was not a room ready for my coworker to check in at the time and we just put our luggage in my room and went out for the day. When we returned to the hotel at around 8:30pm and there wasn't an attendant at the front desk. We waited for around 20 minutes and then Tiffany appeared and began to tell us that according to California state law she is allowed to have a 30 minute break. I get that breaks are important, however, I would absolutely think that guests are more important. Anyway, she appeared with an attitude and we responded accordingly, then she proceeded to call the police and refuse to check my coworker into the hotel-I had to share a room with her, in a queen bed. Words were exchanged and we proceeded back to my room. We had already removed ourselves from the situation and we were trying to figure out how to get my coworker into her room and as we were trying to do that we get a knock on my door from Tiffany and I look through the peep hole and Tiffany and two Orange county police officers were standing at our door. For what? For trying to check into a room, waiting in the lobby for someone to check us in, being upset by how we were treated, being refused a room, and being treated with utter disrespect? I am still in total shock. I have never in my life experienced such nonsense and disrespect from a person whose sole purpose, in her line of work, is to service her customers. 1- I would have never chosen this hotel on my own and 2-If you are considering staying I this hotel-don't. Also, the entire hotel smells of curry and I've been to the front desk twice this morning and nobody is available.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

We arrived earlier than allowed and were taken care of immediately and to our satisfaction. the staff was great and with a smile on their face the entire time. We needed some directions and to help us they even printed the maps. The room was as good as expected and the bed very comfortable. Will come back again in June!!

Room Tip: Book ahead of time!! Very quite facility
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your glowing review of our property. I'm thrilled that you found our staff accommodating and we were able to take care of your early check-in. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Riverside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2015

Upon arriving I, I was impressed with the recent renovation to the exterior of the building, but that is where the pleasant comments end. My reservation was for a non-smoking room, but they were completely sold out, and the staff was indifferent to my concerns. I was placed in a smoking room on the 4th floor, the elevator doors opened and the haze of cigarette smoke clouded the air in the hallway. The room was even worse, yellowed celling and walls, with an over powering stagnant wall of smoke that would make a smoker cough. I returned to the front desk and shared my concern with the tattooed and heavily pierced staff only to be dismissed. I looked online for other hotels in the area, but the conference that I was attending had booked virtually all available rooms. Speaking with the front desk staff for a third time yielded one vacant non-smoking ADA room.

The bed sheets were stained, TV remote was caked with debris, toiled tank nearly fell off the back of the toilet with every flush. The squallier that you call a hotel was the most depressing and disgusting hotel that I have ever visited. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. The situation you described regarding your stay is truly regrettable. We are very sorry that we failed to provide you a home away from home while you were visiting the area. I am not sure how your reservation ended up as a smoking room, but rest assured I have discussed your comments with the staff, and we are retraining in all departments and implementing a much stricter inspection program. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I hope that you will contact me directly, at laa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Palm Desert, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015

Front desk unenthudiastic and condescending. Room dirty (especially bathroom and kitchen). Shower had a leaky shower head that shot water all over the bathroom and was never repaired. Up-charges for kitchen utensils and plates or bowls.
No hotel employees on site between the hours of 12am and 7am.

• Stayed February 2015
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you experienced during your stay are completely unacceptable. I apologize that we failed at our mission to provide you with a home away from home experience while visiting the area. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding my front desk staff not providing you the care that you deserve. I also noticed that you had concerns regarding our dish program and I am quite concerned that our staff did not properly communicate this process to you. As part of our commitment to fresh rooms and allowing our guests the ability to customize our kitchens, we have taken the dishes out of the rooms. However, there is no additional charge to receive these items. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we will be providing additional training in all departments with a focus on communication and service. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I invite you to contact me, at laa@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!