“Below average stay America” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Palm Desert, California
“Below average stay America”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Front desk unenthudiastic and condescending. Room dirty (especially bathroom and kitchen). Shower had a leaky shower head that shot water all over the bathroom and was never repaired. Up-charges for kitchen utensils and plates or bowls.
No hotel employees on site between the hours of 12am and 7am.

• Stayed February 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Would not recommend this hotel: 1) nonsmoking room stank of cigarette smoke; had to keep the window open. 2) guests request dishes and utensils at the front desk, and take them the room (staff does not do that). 3) safety - I was out with a friend, my husband’s name is different than mine, and I had not notified the front clerk my husband would be joining me. Yet, the clerk was going to give my husband a key anyway. The bed was comfortable and the room reasonably clean.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

We had to unexpected stay over in Newport Beach and struggled to find a descent priced room. Extended Stay was pleasant, well priced surprise. The team there, especially Russ helped us secure a vehicle we had and even put it right near the office and our room to keep an eye on it. Very nice experience:-) The only reason I didn't put 5 stars was the the towels could be nicer....but the people were awesome!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Tina - It is so rewarding to read that you had a enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am so pleased to know that we were able to secure your vehicle in an area where you could keep an eye on it. I do apologize for the quality of the linen you received; we will work with our staff to assure that only quality linen makes it into our guest(s) rooms. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2015

This hotel is truly a home away from home experience. The staff there is super friendly and the location is great. Tiffany and Marisela always make this experience happen for me when I stay there. I have stayed at many hotels in the U.S. But this one holds true to it's mission.

• Stayed January 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, January 26, 2015
Thank you for your grand review of our property. It's great to hear that both Tiffany and Marisela took care of you and that you found the location and cleanliness of the hotel were up to your expectations. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

We book and stay at Extended Stay at Newport Beach almost every week. We find this hotel to be the best for our purposes. It's very handy near the airport, staff is very courteous, it's clean and the rooms are almost great room to sleep in. The beds and linen are clean, fridge is big, ample sets of lights. I would say it's a great hotel and We would always recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2015
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you find our accommodations to be convenient for your visits to the Orange County area and that you feel our staff is very courteous and our rooms are clean. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

The front desk was really friendly always with a smile and the room The staff always call me by my name I felt at home away from home if I visit California this hotel is where I'm going to
stay. The manager Margarita was always available and vary attentive to my every need.

• Stayed December 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, January 19, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that we achieved our goal of providing you a home away from home while visiting the Orange County area. It is so great to read that you received such great service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2014

The room was a motel 6 with an attached kitchen. On the first day of our stay they turned the water off from 9am to 3pm for repairs and offered us no compensation for being without a room that meets basic health standards (water and toliet). The quality of the sheets and towels was poor/scratchy. we had to get an extra blanket and 3 extra pillows to make the room livable because the pillows were so flat and the blankets narrow. the breakfast was oatmeal packets, pre-packaged muffins, granola bars, coffee, and whole fruit. i could hear the guy in the next room over snoring all night and the room and hallways had stale food smells.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room and linens. I also want to apologize again for the water being turned off during your stay; we do try to contact all of our pending reservations along with our in house guests at least 24 hours prior to any issues such as this. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work with our housekeepers and laundry attendants to assure we are not allowing poor linen to make its way back into guest rooms to make sure your experience is not repeated. As well, I appreciate your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast, as it will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at laa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!