“Unexpected Deal in Newport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport

You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
Fresno, California
“Unexpected Deal in Newport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had to unexpected stay over in Newport Beach and struggled to find a descent priced room. Extended Stay was pleasant, well priced surprise. The team there, especially Russ helped us secure a vehicle we had and even put it right near the office and our room to keep an eye on it. Very nice experience:-) The only reason I didn't put 5 stars was the the towels could be nicer....but the people were awesome!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This hotel is truly a home away from home experience. The staff there is super friendly and the location is great. Tiffany and Marisela always make this experience happen for me when I stay there. I have stayed at many hotels in the U.S. But this one holds true to it's mission.

• Stayed January 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your grand review of our property. It's great to hear that both Tiffany and Marisela took care of you and that you found the location and cleanliness of the hotel were up to your expectations. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Simi Valley, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We book and stay at Extended Stay at Newport Beach almost every week. We find this hotel to be the best for our purposes. It's very handy near the airport, staff is very courteous, it's clean and the rooms are almost great room to sleep in. The beds and linen are clean, fridge is big, ample sets of lights. I would say it's a great hotel and We would always recommend this hotel to our friends and family.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you find our accommodations to be convenient for your visits to the Orange County area and that you feel our staff is very courteous and our rooms are clean. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The front desk was really friendly always with a smile and the room The staff always call me by my name I felt at home away from home if I visit California this hotel is where I'm going to
stay. The manager Margarita was always available and vary attentive to my every need.

• Stayed December 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that we achieved our goal of providing you a home away from home while visiting the Orange County area. It is so great to read that you received such great service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room was a motel 6 with an attached kitchen. On the first day of our stay they turned the water off from 9am to 3pm for repairs and offered us no compensation for being without a room that meets basic health standards (water and toliet). The quality of the sheets and towels was poor/scratchy. we had to get an extra blanket and 3 extra pillows to make the room livable because the pillows were so flat and the blankets narrow. the breakfast was oatmeal packets, pre-packaged muffins, granola bars, coffee, and whole fruit. i could hear the guy in the next room over snoring all night and the room and hallways had stale food smells.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the condition of your room and linens. I also want to apologize again for the water being turned off during your stay; we do try to contact all of our pending reservations along with our in house guests at least 24 hours prior to any issues such as this. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will work with our housekeepers and laundry attendants to assure we are not allowing poor linen to make its way back into guest rooms to make sure your experience is not repeated. As well, I appreciate your feedback regarding our free grab-and-go breakfast, as it will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at laa@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2014

Nice place to stay,cook for a short period of stay. I stayed in ESA for 3 months, staff was very patient,jolly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everything was provided starting from iron to cooking wares. Bathroom were excellent. All in all value for money :-)

Room Tip: I found ground floor rooms better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to here you enjoyed your stay with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding our staff and amenities. It is great to read that you found our hotel to be a great value for a long stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here after his birthday get-together for one night. The room was clean and comfortable. I had forgotten to request a no smoking room when I made the reservation. The front desk was very accommodating. I was surprised that we didnt hear any planes being so close yo the airport

The only thing I wish was different was that the kitchen came with basic utensils and a coffee maker without going to the front desk to get everything. We enjoyed our short stay though.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are happy to read that we provided you with friendly and accommodating service; however, I do apologize that our dish delivery program did not meet your needs. I will work with my staff to ensure that we are delivering the requested kitchen items directly to our guests to ensure that we are making the program as convenient as possible. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!