You added Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4881 Birch Street, Newport Beach, CA 92660   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Newport Beach
“Nice facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nice place to stay,cook for a short period of stay. I stayed in ESA for 3 months, staff was very patient,jolly and helpful. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. Everything was provided starting from iron to cooking wares. Bathroom were excellent. All in all value for money :-)

Room Tip: I found ground floor rooms better
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend and I stayed here after his birthday get-together for one night. The room was clean and comfortable. I had forgotten to request a no smoking room when I made the reservation. The front desk was very accommodating. I was surprised that we didnt hear any planes being so close yo the airport

The only thing I wish was different was that the kitchen came with basic utensils and a coffee maker without going to the front desk to get everything. We enjoyed our short stay though.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Staff was nice and helpful, room was clean, and facility was quiet. Interior felt refreshed and new. Great stay for the price in Orange County. Did not experience any of the issues presented in other negative reviews.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

You can stay in the hotel if you can compromise with
1) The dirtiest bed you can find in a hotel..
2) A TV remote that doesn't work properly
3) stinking cigarette smell in the room..
4) Stinking Bathroom.

well, the location is a plus point. it is very close to Airport.

I stayed in Room 429. I requested for a nonsmoking and they put me in smoking. To put me in a nonsmoking,it would extra 20$ a night.(obviously its an upgrade as per the staff - i don`t blame the staff).

once I enter the room, i found cigarette ash on the bed, lot of hair, yellow marks on the pillows and what not....

i will give 0 points for sanity.

i think you have better places to stay around.

whats funny is that the manager apologizes to every one in public forum instead of really taking care of the guests. If they take care of the guests and address the problems in proper fashion, why would they need to apologize.

sorry extended stay JWA, you lost my business and i will make sure that i warn my colleagues too.

Room Tip: do a favor for yourself and find a good hotel.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When I checked in, there were transient looking people just hanging out in front of the hotel. Then in the lobby as I was checking in, there were 2 dogs (although in leashes) in the lobby, and 1 of the dogs urinated and the girl at the front desk (Marisa) did not say anything. The hallways have a really bad odor. Mixture of different types of cooking.Then, I walked into my room and it had a musty smell. I decided to pull the top cover and used my flashlight to check the sheets and sure enough there are hairs. The pillow cases are also not fresh smelling. See attached picture....

I came down to the front desk, showed the picture I took, to again, Marisa, who states the manager left for the day and they have no housekeeping at night. Said she would come up herself to change the sheets. Within 10mins, an older gentleman knocked, handed me a bag with only a blanket and told me I can replace it myself. WOW!!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

From the outside this hotel looks quite nice, however dont judge the book by the cover. First the desk clerk had a cold and was wiping her nose multiple times with her hand then with the same hand took my credit card and drivers license and then handed me my room card. I had to sanitise everything she handed me when I got to the room. Thanfully I did not catch her cold. These rooms have kitchens and people are cooking in them and the odors waft into the hallways and smell awful. If they are going to have kitchens, the need a stove fan to take the odors outside the building. In my room, it was not very clean. I did not feel like taking off my shoes except to sleep. The cupboards in the kitchen were damaged and falling off the hinges. I do have a beef with this hotel. It does have a Newport Beach address, but not anywhere the beach beware. The breakfast is a joke, just some granola bars and fruit. After my check in experience with the sick clerk, I did not want to chance getting sick from eating there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. I am so disappointed that we failed to provide you a comfortable home away from home while you were visiting the Orange County area. I completely understand how you felt while dealing with our front desk clerk who had a cold and was not sanitizing her hands prior to working with you. As well, the cleanliness issues you described in your room do concern me. Please accept my sincere apology. In response to your feedback, we will be retraining out teams to assure that they are giving the highest service possible. I will also be implementing a more detailed inspection program to ensure future guests will not have similar a similar experience. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at laa@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2014

Our group has stayed in this hotel for two times. It's a very friendly and clean hotel with good service. Its location is near to UCI, beaches and shopping centers. Surround by trees it's very quite. As an extended stay hotel, you can find almost everything you need for cooking. We will stay here again next time.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your clean quiet room and our great staff during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport? Share your experiences!