My sister and I were in town for the weekend for my little brother's graduation at UC Irvine. We wanted to find a descent hotel (one that was not too expensive but not too cheap) we wanted to spurge more on shopping & food since we are not in southern California that often. We had booked the Vegabond hotel for one night and I was NOT impressed, so that day I decided to go with Extended America since I had a really GOOD experience with the one located in Fresno, CA. The Extended America was all booked in Irvine, so I went with the next nearest one which was this one located in Newport Beach.
I booked a two queen size beds and loved the look of the room just as I did with the one in Fresno, CA. The place was clean & tidy! My sister was getting ready to take a shower before heading out for dinner with the rest of the family....as my sister was turning on the shower, the biggest noise I've ever heard rumbled the hotel room, I thought the pipes were about to burst. I intermediately walked down to the front desk and as I was walking I guess my sister kept on turning on the shower to see if the noise had stop because I could hear the noise loudly down the hallway. When I got down to the front desk and told the guy upfront about the loud noise, he told us that they had, had that problem for awhile but that it was safe to take a shower. I walked back to my room and told my sister what the guy had told me. We felt really uncomfortable about taking a shower with all the noise, so I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room. I was told all rooms were booked. So my sister and I decided that we were going to head over to the hotel my brothers were staying at to take a shower.
I was NOT very happy about paying for a hotel room and not being able to take a shower! I went and asked for a discount on the hotel stay, since we weren't able to use the shower, which the front desk guy agreed to do.
Overall, my stay here was good, but the no shower put a damper in my experience there. The beds were comfy, internet was at full speed, the air conditioner was awesome, and I enjoyed watching the TV as they had some great channels. The guy upfront was nice and did not argue with my complaint. However, I wouldn't stay at this hotel again until they figure out & fix the huge noise coming out of the shower when you turn it on.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Orange County - John Wayne Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Orange County-John Wayne Airport Hotel Newport Beach
- Extended Stay Newport Beach
- Extended Stay America Newport Beach
- Newport Beach Extended Stay